$5 Aluminum Case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by billchase2, Nov 13, 2007.

1. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I just thought I'd post a quick review about this case because it's about $5 shipped and actually works pretty darn well. The case is from DealExtreme, which is an online store specializing in inexpensive gadgets. I ordered the case on a whim but have been pleasantly surprised with it. The inside of it is lined with foam so it doesn't scratch your phone. I also have not noticed any signal drop even though the aluminum covers the antenna area. Most of the buttons line up well. The only one that is a little off is the area where the volume buttons/silent switch is. The rest are dead on.

Anyway, enough describing. Here is the link to the product:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7135

Any other questions, feel free to ask! I think it's a GREAT case for the money. The only problem is that it usually takes a couple weeks for products to arrive from this web site, so don't order if you're in a hurry.

2. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

Pictures?

I see the site has pictures but not with an actual Iphone in it, can you supply any pictures? I am very interested in how this looks and how much thinckness this adds?

3. billchase2 thread starter macrumors 68000

billchase2

4. OCP macrumors newbie

How tight does that clasp hold the case together? Think it will pop open if the phone is dropped?

5. Merser macrumors member

Merser

Doesnt look to bad at all. Seems like its worth the measly $5.

I noticed that there are holes on the back. Is there a clip system available for this? I can't seem to find one on their site.

6. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

i want that for the ipod touch, then im gonna paint it silver with a black line and when people say something like is that the iphone im gonna be like, "What do you think". hee hee hee

7. TimJim macrumors 6502a

8. billchase2 thread starter macrumors 68000

billchase2

sometimes it pops open, sometimes it stays in place. i think this is the biggest downfall of it. however, i guess you could always use some tape or a small amount of glue to keep it held together better.
    yes, i forgot to mention that. it actually comes with one you can use. it's made out of a clear plastic material and fits right on there. i don't use it because i like to keep my iphone in my pocket. it also feels like the plastic was cheaply made... though i haven't used it to actually find out.

9. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

How does the aluminum feel? Cheapo? or decent?

10. billchase2 thread starter macrumors 68000

billchase2

It actually feels pretty good. Does not feel cheaply made or anything... especially for only 5 bucks.

11. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

How thick is the case? How thick is it compared to say the Seidio Thin Rubberized case, that thing is SLIM!