5% decrease (100 to 95%) after 13 hours of standby

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, Sep 14, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

and 20 minutes of usage (music).

Is that normal??? Just checking cuz I'm paranoid about my battery.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes. Do yoi really expect the battery to stay at 100% after 13 hours?

3. Gumbercules macrumors member

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. darkside flow macrumors 6502

That's 0.4% battery drainage per hour if it were just in standby. Not to mention 20 minutes of music, which would account for about 1% of the battery as well.

Pretty damn good for a smartphone.

6. Savor Suspended

Savor

Put it on airplane mode overnight when it is fully charged. You won't lose any % after 10-11 hours on standby. Just remember the first 1% drains the slowest. It stays at 100% longer than it does at 99% and lower.

You should be ok. If you get more paranoid, turn off WiFi/3G/Edge, location services, and fetch for emails. Also, clear out the multi-task bar. I once had my music on shuffle and it drained 20% in 5 hours. Yes, it was on shuffle which drains faster. But about 25 hours music is still far below the 40 hours they claim. I was getting paranoid with my battery too until I realized my apps were still running in the background. Under normal use, it doesn't always match their claims. Remember that Apple claims the battery life based on lowest brightness level and having almost every switch off. Constant internet, and I get about 6 hours on WiFi with video streaming. Sometimes up to 8 hours of usage. My setting is about good enough to last a day to a day and a half. Better battery life than many of those 1Ghz Android phones right now, but waiting when we don't have to charge it everyday. Getting an extra "half day" is better, but not Earth shattering.

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

If you are this worried about your battery this is how you fix it:

1. Press hold top button until red bar shows
    2. Slide red bar
    3. Go buy a RAZR
    4. Sell powered-down iPhone
    5. Profit!!

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

This is mine

I was expecting close to 5 hours usage on 3G only. The people I know who have I4's seem to be getting 20% more battery than I have been. Will give it a couple of days.

Marc

Attached Files:

9. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

This OP is a troll. They've been making their way around different iPhone forums for a few weeks now.

10. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

^This is the credited response.

Hey XciteMe, didn't you return your iP4 in order to get an Evo 4? And now youre back to an iP4 again? Only to complain about battery life...which was the same reason you returned your first iP4?

11. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Came in here to say this. He posted this thread just to get reactions from people like "Why do you think that's bad!!?!? Dat's mazin!!"

And he usually never replies to his own threads.

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, you should be getting around 6 surfing on 3G. Calibrate it, and if it is still that low, take it back

Yet, the mods let him live....sigh.:confused:

:)

13. Patman macrumors newbie

x2 i loved my razr for that, 4 days at least, when it went on low battery i had at least another day. not to mention it took probably 30 drops before it croked. long live the razr

14. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

I'd restore it before taking it back. My phone would be dead in 6 hours of standby when I first got it, now it lasts 3 days with moderate usage

15. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I've had a similar experience. It's as though standby does nothing to battery life :D

16. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Great little phones. Especially the first GSM ones that were titanium or whatever.