$5 for 200 SMS - really 140?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hkftw, Jul 26, 2008.

1. hkftw macrumors member

Well I was checking up on my AT&T account to make sure I don't go over my monthly 200 SMS messages when I realized that it only shows an available 140 messages monthly.

If it makes any difference, I am on a family plan with my mom and we both added the $5 for 200 texts option to each of our lines.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Attached Files:

2. ottergal macrumors member

Is this your first month with service? If so, it's prorated for the amount of time left in the billing cycle (at least that's what I'm assuming with mine). I have the same thing, I got my phone on the 11th and I'm a cycle 4 (I think) so that's 3 weeks of minutes, etc, not 4.

Does that make sense?

That's something they should have explained at activation.. they didn't do that for me either but I work for a cellular company so I know about it.

3. hkftw thread starter macrumors member

Ohh that would make some sense, although I'm still seeing 700 minutes as our monthly limit. Wouldn't the 700 be lowered as well, or is this something just with texts?

4. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

how did you access that page on an iPhone? It looks customized for the iPhone

5. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

It's the PageOnce application. Setup your ATT wireless account with it at the website, then with the iPhone app you can check the stats, which shows a bar with used minutes, max, projected use, and so on.

You can also setup ebay, gamefly, blockbuster, netflix, and a lot of other shopping stuff. Utilities, financial stuff, e-mail too. And with the feed page on the iPhone app, it will show all recent changes to everything in a nice list.

If they don't have the site you want, request it, which it offers when you can't find it. I did that with gamefly, and only a week later they added it to their service. So now I can see what game is shipped and what's in my queue with the availability.

6. hkftw thread starter macrumors member

It's actually the PageOnce app; it can check tons of your online accounts - from Facebook to AT&T to Netflix.
    I highly recommend it, it makes everything a lot easier than having to open Safari all the time.

7. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

Ah, thanks. I'll check it out...seems useful for stuff like this. Although I hear it's a pain for credit cards and stuff like that.

8. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I think the pain is that some are not sure about sharing their usernames and passwords to important accounts like credit cards and their bank. I have my Amex card setup, easily shows my transactions. I use the auto login online to open Amex and auto enters my password. They are also slowly adding bill pay right from their site. Like I noticed my PG&E Gas account has that option, but not my credit card yet. The iPhone app is read only though. And most financial stuff even on the website is suppose to be read only.

9. ottergal macrumors member

It's weird... because I am seeing the same thing. Full talk minutes (I have 900) and fewer texts. I figured it was a weird fluke or something. Or my guess is completely wrong as to why they're showing less... but it's all that made sense to me when I figured out the reduction.

10. Dizle macrumors 6502

me too....I see my regular 450 minuets but only 1001 txts and I'm almost there! I wont last with that until aug 2 so I better get unlimited asap

11. hkftw thread starter macrumors member

Ottergal, I have to say that your explonation make the most sense. I'll just have to wait and see what happens when our next bill comes in a couple days.

12. RynoZebz macrumors regular

Is this available in the app store or as only a hack? I can't seem to find it in the app store.

13. TechIsCool macrumors member