5 HOURS Battery life on MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boonleng, Feb 26, 2008.

1. boonleng macrumors regular

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

So I guess that means it'll be closer to.. 3.5? :rolleyes:

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If they state five, it'll be no more than four. They're saying what they always say, and it doesn't matter if it is a copy-paste.

4. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Believe it or not, my MacBook Pro usually gets 4 1/2 - 5 hours.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

6. cmaier macrumors G3

When I stick to office 2008 and netnewswire I usually get about 4.25-4.5 on my nov.2007-rev 2.6 MBP.

Not much compelling in this new rev (though a good time to pull the trigger for those who've been holding out, I suppose).

7. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

My usual workload consists of Mail, Safari, Adium, and Pages when I'm on the go, so I'm pretty impressed with the battery life. I do agree with you, the new revision is a good update but it's not something that any current MacBook or MacBook Pro owner should get worked up over. Remember, just because a new model is out doesn't mean your current computer is just going to stop working or it's going to look like trash -- it's a Mac, it's built to last, it'll serve you for a long time before you'd really need to jump to the next revision.

8. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

But hold on a sec, I thought that these new Penryn chip MBP's were supposed to provide a higher battery life? I've heard of many people getting over 4 hours on their current 15" MBP's - does that mean the same people should be expecting 4.5 - 5 hours on the new ones? (Cos that would be sweet!)

9. cmaier macrumors G3

Doubt it. When running at full speed, the penryn probably has a noticeably better battery life (though remember that the screen, hard drive, graphic chip, etc. also take a lot of power, and improving the processor is just one component of power consumption), but when unplugged, most of the time in real use your machine is pretty much idle, and the processor speed already cuts back, reducing power consumption significantly.

10. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer