iPad 5 in 1 camera USB adapters

Allensfoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Oklahoma
I am new to the forum and hate to ask such a nubie question but I ordered one of the sd card adapters off amazon so I could transfer pic to ipad.. Well when I plug it in nothing happens. Is there something I need to do or is it just not comparable with iOS 6. It on an ipad 2. I tried it in my phone at least it came up and said not compatible with iPhone..

Hammie

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I am new to the forum and hate to ask such a nubie question but I ordered one of the sd card adapters off amazon so I could transfer pic to ipad.. Well when I plug it in nothing happens. Is there something I need to do or is it just not comparable with iOS 6. It on an ipad 2. I tried it in my phone at least it came up and said not compatible with iPhone..
I am going to assume you are plugging it into the USB Camera Connection Kit adapter. If so, not many work. I have an old one that works only with SSD, which sucks since my DSLR is CF.

Anyway, this is due to the power draw from the external device. It requires some power via the USB port to "work."

EDIT: Please link o the device you are referring to since my reply may be totally off.

Allensfoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Here is an image of the device I hope this helps it might be just a piece of junk .. I would really like this to work so I can copy pictures from my trail cameras to the ipad in the field..

image by Allens photography, on Flickr

chkenwing

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2010
Did you try opening your photos app on the iPad?

I've got one similar for my iPad 2 and I can see the photos on my SD/USB.

Allensfoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Hum... No never thought to open the photo app.. Guess I figured it would pop up .. Let me try that ..
Man don't I fell stupid .. If it works ..

barakrl

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
Switch!

There's a small switch on the side of the adapter that switches between 2 working modes:
1. USB mode (camera only, won't work with flash drives).
2. card reader mode (same for all card types).

Maybe the switch is in the wrong mode position.

Hope it helps.

Allensfoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks I tried switching back and forth.. Same result .. I think you get what you pay for..it was supposed to be a us product but when it came in it had china shipping label ..

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I had one these. It had loads of rave reviews on amazon, but I could never get it to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.