5 or 5C

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelpri, Nov 21, 2013.

1. michaelpri macrumors member

I am ready to make the jump to a smart phone- about time. Anyhow I see that Walmart has 5C for 45.00 and will be selling the 5 for 29.00 next week. Is there a real advantage one way or the other?

Thanks

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

One is meticulously sculpted metal.
    One is cost reduced texture-less plastic.

The internals are essentially the same.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The 5C also has a (slightly) better batter and front facing camera.

4. Christopher7 macrumors member

5. plainwhitetay, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

plainwhitetay macrumors regular

5 or 5C

No price in question? 5c definitely. Better battery, better front facing camera, and I think there's on other thing? Personally love the rounded back design.
    I would probably have to take the 5 and hope it still has iOS 6. If that's not a concern, 5c definitely.

Edit: 4G/LTE bands are the other better thing.

6. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

The differences spec wise are negligible. It's up to what you prefer material wise.

7. Camoxide macrumors regular

Wut why?
    iOS 7 is defiantly better than iOS 6.
    Cosmetic differences are down to taste though.

To the OP: The 5C has the better front facing camera and has a better 4G chip but apart from that an the cheaper body the 5C is the same.

8. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

iOS 7 is horrible. It's bug ridden and designed after a fad that will fade in just a few years.
    And although the 5c looks cheaper, I think it would handle drops better than the glass+metal back of the 5. Just my assumptions though.

9. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

whilst this is true, iOS 6 is just such a rudimentary OS that it would not be worth your money to get such a pricey phone for it nowadays.

i use an android phone, but still have iOS 6 on my 4G iPod Touch and lol, performance aside its just so limited in what it offers.

iOS 7 might be ugly as hell but at least there was some attempt at making it more elaborate with stuff such as control center and what not.

10. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

5 or 5C

The only new and somewhat useful features iOS 7 added are Control Center and AirDrop. 2 new features and a horrible design. It's a joke.

Edit: My apologies, OP. To not hijack this thread, I'm done responding to the iOS 7 argument I started.

11. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

I've owned a 5 and now have a 5C.

I prefer the 5C mainly for the comfort factor but they don't feel any different to actually use.

The extra battery life does seen noticeable to me though.

12. michaelpri thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the responses. I guess I need to go to a store where I can find some of these that are not bolted down so that I can tell how they actually feel.

13. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I'm an happy iPhone 5 user, but if I had to choose now I'd rather pick an iPhone 5c. A blue or a green one I think.

Specs wise they are almost identical, but the 5c feels better in the hand, and it's the first iPhone since 3GS you can keep naked.