5 to 6 weeks delivery time is absurd!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MaryBoog, Apr 27, 2010.

1. MaryBoog macrumors newbie

I ordered my 15" i7 hig-res 8gb 7200rpm MBP on April 14th at our local Apple Store in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Just called them to check on the delivery date.... they tell me it is scheduled being deliverd at the Main Office on May 20!!!! I think it is really outrageous that I have to wait for at least 5 weeks from ordering date!! Delivery at Main Office means delivery the week after to the local Apple Store... that makes it 6 weeks!! :mad:
    What is going on and is there anything I can do about this?
    Furthermore the guy at the store tells me that they already had 2 BTO's delivered. How come mine takes so long then? They new MBP's came out on April 13th and I ordered the next day! Apple quality certainly does not go for their delivery :mad:

2. KeithJ108 macrumors newbie

On roughly the same subject: ;)

It seems that the Applecare contract starts from the date it is dispatched by Apple. If the delivery takes a reasonable length of time this is ok but when delivery takes 5 - 6 weeks as the OP is suggesting it's a bit unfair!

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Seems weird. Apple is quoting 7 days online for that config.

4. hbrake69 macrumors newbie

MBP i7 17" took 1 week

I order a MBP i7 17" the day they were announced and had mine, custom made within 7 days. I upgraded mine to the i7, 7200 rpm 500 GB HD, 8GB RAM and Anti-Glare Screen. Well worth the wait!

5. magbarn macrumors 68000

Bolded is key... Ordered my 15 i7 8gb hires glossy 7200rpm on the 16th and I'm still in limbo,

6. The Red Tape macrumors newbie

Hey! I know what you mean Maryboog, I'm from Groningen, ordered an hour after the announcement on the 13th.

Macbook Pro 17" Core i7 2.66Ghz 4GB, 500GB 7200RPM Config with Applecare.

1. On the Apple website it tells me the delivery is 26-27th April (Yes thats today, its 16:00 now so no its not going to be delivered anymore...)
    2. In an email from apple it tells me the delivery is before the 10th of May.
    3. On the applestore.bridge-point.com/ website it tells me the estimated delivery is the 13th of May.

I mean,,, wtf, when I order such a thing as a High-End Macbook Pro I expect to get it within at least 2-3 weeks. If they can't do that, let them at least give me a estimated delivery date that is true.

7. MaryBoog thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe i'm just too impacient... it's my first personal labtop ever... when I finally decided to go for an Apple beginning of this year and heard new ones where coming I had to wait (wanted to wait) another few months before the announcement. I'm having my holiday in May... was hoping to have my new MBP then but now it seems I will receive it after my holiday. I'm just very dissapointed. Didn't think it would make a difference ordering online or at the Apple store :(. It shouldn't make a difference at least, that's my opinion. Well... another 3 weeks to go (at least)

8. A.W.E.S.O.M.-0 macrumors member

Hehe Maryboog and The Red Tape, sorry to laugh a bit but both your posts are soo inmensely Dutch. I guess it's in our nature to be really impatient and instantly annoyed, especially when we pay a good sum of money for it! I also had to wait nearly a month for my MBP two years back (as do most people I know who ordered it from The Netherlands by the way). However, you'll come to notice that the service at the Groningen Apple Store might not be the fastest but they're are really helpful when you encounter a problem and you need a repair!

Good luck with your order and a lot of fun with your MBP when it arrives!

Kind regards from Groningen

9. MasterTaco macrumors newbie

I can sympathize with the OP on this, although I live in Japan.
    Did the exact same thing and ordered on the 16th(after debating specs for a couple of days). Ended up ordering the exact same specs(15" i7 7200rpm 8GB etc)
    Sure enough, my original delivery date was the 27th which came and went, and when I called two days ago, was informed that with the popularity of the new MBP's that it would take longer.
    Yesterday my status got updated to have delivery to May 14-17.

So....I'm in the same boat waiting over a month. Totally crazy but I guess all we can do is wait right?

10. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

Got my 15" BTO on April 21st. Expected delivery was the 22nd.

I ordered at 10am on the 14th.

Delivery was to the US.

11. old-wiz macrumors G3

12. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

European air traffic has been normal for almost a week now. So no.

13. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

while it has been normal, they are still behind in getting freight and people to their destinations. I've got friends who are still in europe, and will be for another 5 days, they were supposed to return on the 19th of April originally.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The only absurd thing I see is all this meaningless complaining.