5 week wait for replacement!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by djcorrosive, Jan 11, 2010.

1. djcorrosive macrumors regular

well i just spoke to apple. He said he can see it's prepared for shipment, BUT he said i may not get it till the 4th of FEB!

He then said, as you know there are problems with it and they're doing the best they can, then i said, you just said that it was prepared for shipment so why would it be delayed, Of course he couldn't answer me.

He couldn't give me a tracking number as it hasn't left the warehouse yet so he told me to call them back again later today or tomorrow and see if its been shipped! PFFT

I told him that i was stated that 7-8 days is the time frame for me to receive it, and then i was stated a 5 week waiting period for a replacement,

And it makes it harder as it does not show up in the apple store status at all. So it's hard to see what it is, and i will not be receiving any emails saying it is ready or with a tracking number.

It's a good thing its prepared for shipment, if that is actually the case. So for all i know, the day he gave me is just the estimated time, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

So what is the point of this thread again? No questions, you're just venting?

Just wait and call Apple tomorrow again. It's common to see the apple repair status being out of phase with reality and the estimation for repair/replacement are often not met, that's why its called estimations in the first place.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

February 4th is 3 1/2 weeks away, not 5 weeks like your thread says. So why the exaggeration/false claim?

Also, what is the point of your thread? I don't get it...

Bryan

5. djcorrosive thread starter macrumors regular

They told me 5 weeks last week, but then they said they weren't even sure if it will make it even in that time frame.

Was just venting :)

carry on now.

Do you get the notification email for replacements?

6. MikhailT macrumors 601

No, they will call you.

7. tucker3434 macrumors regular

I just started the replacement process on Friday and mine ships the 25. I don't really care, because I'm not sending mine back until the new one gets here. Having to shut it down every few hours for flickering sucks, but I figure the longer I wait will equal more time for them to correct any problems. If the next one is defective, I may be getting a refund... or a macbook pro.

8. djcorrosive thread starter macrumors regular

Well they told me they will email me? They always say something different which makes it worse!

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

10. crut macrumors regular

Relax, I guess you should have just got a repair on that RAM stick rather than a replacement!

11. djcorrosive thread starter macrumors regular

Tried that champ, They didnt want to budge on doing that at all. They classed is as DOA and refused to send out the other 3 ram modules as they only wanted to give me a replacement.

Surely people have gotten their replacements and can tell me if they received a email once its left Shanghai?

12. iguigy macrumors member

I had emails...

They sent me emails for my replacement, one to let me know the replacement order was being processed, then another to tell me it had been dispatched and lastly one to tell me the return number for the one that needed sending back. I'm in the UK btw.