$50 iTunes card for $35 @ Walmart

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by h1r0ll3r, Nov 6, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Walmart is having a sale today and selling $50 iTunes cards for only $35. You're limited to two each visit but I just picked up four :)

2. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

3. labman, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010

labman macrumors 604

labman

it was online as well of in store but it appears to be gone now! :(

edit source said in store and online but Wal-mart site says in store only!

4. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

Just got one at an Indy area one…Zune kid was behind me and amazed that such a promo would be going on…

5. gnychis macrumors 6502

6. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

:eek: I might get one! Even though I don't have an iPod! :D

7. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Agreed great deal.
    If I didn't already have 40 bucks on my account from other gift cards I might buy one lol.

8. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Resale.

9. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This is about as good a deal as you're ever going to find on itunes gift cards (legally anyway;)). They never expire either so if you think you're ever going to be buying anything via itunes at any time in the future, you should definitely jump on this. I remember the good old days when you could get itunes gift cards for like 80% off on ioffer but those turned out to be illegal somehow and a lot of people lost the money they spent on them. 30% off isn't 80% but it's pretty darn good. Thanks to the OP for posting this deal.

10. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

I too can say that this rumor is true. Just went to walmart and got one. Pretty fair deal

11. calvy macrumors 65816

great now I have a reason to go to walmart tonight.

12. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

Went back for a second - apparently you can only buy them in Electronics because the person working there has to do an override. On all the displays throughout the store they only have the $15, $25, and 3x$10 gift cards.

13. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I didn't have to buy them in Electronics. I just took mine right up to the express line and out. I did have to look a little bit to find the $50 cards though since they weren't with the other ones (I eventually found them on an end cap). The cards themselves are pretty big (not your standard credit card size) so be on lookout for big, blue cards that look exactly like this:

Attached Files:

14. calvy macrumors 65816

I just went to the walmart in Maplewood, MO and got 2 of them. There was nothing in the store indicating that they were on sale, but I had a lady at the electronics counter scan them for me and sure enough they scanned for 35 bucks. I didn't ask about a limit because I didn't really want to spend more than 70 total. But she said she couldn't check me out there because it was past midnight and they closed the registers. So I took it up front and it scanned for 35 each and I was out the door no problems.

15. doboy macrumors 68000

Thanks for the tip! Just bought three for $35 each. There was two per person limit so my wife bought one. The sale goes on until tomorrow so grab them while you can. Hope Costco also does the usual iTunes card deal on Black Friday.

16. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

17. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

picked one up this morning!
    ...now thinking that i shoulda bought 2 lolz

18. kandcats macrumors newbie

I just called my local Walmart to see if they were doing it and they are! Headed to shower now....

.... I can use them to buy apps right??!

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

anything in Itunes!

20. neworleans-7 macrumors regular

neworleans-7

Thanks for the heads up....picked one up for the girlfriend yesterday since she just got her iPhone.

21. labman macrumors 604

labman

Ok after a little challenge I got 4! The electronics department was all sold out but I found some in the Kiosk up front. they price at the $35 and unless the cashier knows there is a limit you can buy as many as you want. So these will make a couple of nice Christmas Gifts thanks h1r0ll3r :D

22. kandcats macrumors newbie

nice! my store had them on lockdown in the photo pick up area with a 2 max purchase. we have another one on the other side of town but I was too lazy to fight the crowds.

23. dagored macrumors 65816

Read this yesterday. Went to WM this morning. In electronics, none. Ask the guy behind the counter. He had a stack of them. Wanted to know how many I wanted.

Thanks guys.

24. Lara F macrumors 6502a

I called Walmart and they said the sale is this weekend only, so will be gone tomorrow. I'd head over now but am at work and have to wait for my shift to end at seven. Thanks for the heads up! This is one of the perks of having moved from NYC. :)

25. labman macrumors 604

labman

if I had known I would have snagged you a card when I went since I was there any way. I honestly thought about buying a couple more to sell but for about $10 each it just didn't seem worth the hassle.