Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Murgatroyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Staten Island, New Yawk
I copied all the photos in my iPad 2's Photostream album and pasted the lot of 'em into an email. The email was rejected by the server and sits in the Outbox. Any attempts to access the message crashes the Mail app. I need to do some surgery to extricate that one message. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Wow thats a weird one.
You could try to delete the account in the setting and then add it again.
Maybe do a reboot first and then add it in again.

That's all I can think of to do.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
So you cannot go to the outbox and slide your finger across until it says delete or remove?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Try using the webmail interface for your email provider. If you're using IMAP it should be visible via webmail.

Murgatroyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Staten Island, New Yawk
So you cannot go to the outbox and slide your finger across until it says delete or remove?

Touching Outbox displays the message a blue color as if previously touched, Mail then attempts to resend, fails which causes the app to freeze and then quit to display Home screen. Mail functions if i dont fiddle with Outbox.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
I had similar problem a couple times, although I forget exactly how I eventually managed to delete my outbox and later recompose/resend the message...

have you tried:
- turn on Airplane Mode (so Mail doesn't try to contact the server)
- quit Mail in the multitasking bar, and/or reboot the iPad
- start up Mail, then see if you can delete the Outbox while still not connected to internet

Murgatroyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Staten Island, New Yawk
Mission accomplished

Alas, … Erase All Content And Settings on iPad. Fire up iTunes. Restore iPad. iPad is back to original state sans that email. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.