500gb 7200 seagate HD for unibody MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigjnyc, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

2. hummer28 macrumors member

3. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

4. hummer28 macrumors member

By the way .... I installed this very hard drive in my laptop lasty night and spent seven straight hours on my 17" unibody transferring data and gaming. It was whisper quiet and only got slightly warm. It's fast ..... Usain Bolt fast to me .... well ... maybe Asafa Powell fast ..... since the SSD are the fastest

5. CitiXen macrumors member

CitiXen

How much louder is it than the 5400 hdds?

6. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

In that other thread alot of people were complaining about the vibrating, saying it made their whole laptop vibrate noticeably. have you experienced that?

7. hummer28 macrumors member

I would encourage you to access the link I provided earlier for other viewpoints, but it's just as quiet to me as the 5400 variety. That's my opinion though.

8. hummer28 macrumors member

There appears to be a split in regards to this issue. Some are experiencing vibration and some are not. I can't even hear the hard drive. I thought something was wrong last night because I couldn't hear or feel anything. I had to put my ear on the palm rest to here the drive spinning.

It's probably best to check the link I provided above and move the conversation over there. It will have more valuable feedback as well and push the thread to the top of these forums so other people can comment.

9. damnyooneek macrumors 6502

Some people say theirs vibrate and make a lot of noise but mine doesn't. been using it in my 15" unibody mbp for a couple weeks now and haven't noticed anything negative with battery life, heat, or sounds. everything seems to work like the 5400rpm hd but a little faster and more space. if the room is completely silent and i put my ear up to the laptop while the hd is accessing i can hear light ticking sounds but not loud enough to bother me. overall its a good hd