500gb Time Capsule - Sharing Internet

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CutsAu, Oct 9, 2009.

1. CutsAu macrumors member

Hi All,

I have a 500gb Time Capsule setup in another room. The problem is though that my DSL modem is in my office connected via ETHERNET to the iMac. I am trying to setup the Airport via Wifi to share my internet. Just wondering if this is possible at all ?

Thanks

Ben

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

you need to access the time capsule through eithernet to set it to be able to change over wifi. if you bought a time capsule why not hook it up to your dsl modem?

3. CutsAu thread starter macrumors member

Because the Time Capsule will be in another room and there is NO phone line in there to connect to the modem.

So are you saying if I connect the Time Capsule via Ethernet first, there will be an option to select WIFI ?

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I mean why does the time capsule need to be in another room?
    oops it was setting it up over wan. so no wireless connections.

5. CutsAu thread starter macrumors member

Because its going to store movies on it and also able to connect to my xbox via Ethernet and give the xbox streaming capabilites via Wifi to my iMac

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

but it will be wireless overall. it may be easier to use a airport express for the xbox and use the time capsule hooked to the modem as the main router. I don't know for sure but I don't think you can connect the time capsule wirelessly to another router. but you can connect it to a airport express and extend the wireless network.