500th post - No avatar??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
5,490
1
Mac since 7.5
It took an hour or so before my account allowed me to add an avatar. Might have been a lot longer if they knew what my 'tar would be :eek: :p

PM a mod if you don't have access in an hour.

Do you have a slick 'tar all ready?
 

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
1,093
0
Sydney Australia
powermac666 said:
It took an hour or so before my account allowed me to add an avatar. Might have been a lot longer if they knew what my 'tar would be :eek: :p

PM a mod if you don't have access in an hour.

Do you have a slick 'tar all ready?
Yes - Marilyn Manson is here to save the day!! :p

Not just yet - there is one in the works though... I have one of William Shatner from Boston Legal for the mean time... - Denny Crane. And again.. Denny Crane :D

edit - Whoot - avatar enabled :D :D


aussie_geek
 

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
2,265
0
I just hit 500 posts and I can't do it either. Guess I will just have to wait...*taps foot impatiently* :p
 

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
5,693
1
LaLaLand, CA
Didn't notice until a couple of posts after I hit 500. I hear it takes awhile. Looks like you've got one now.
 

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
3,809
1
North Central Colorado
just FYI - the server cleans itself/updates everything every hour or so, so sometimes there's a little wait between the time you pass a milestone and when the server allows you to use your powers.

glad to see it's working for all concerned parties in this thread now. If in the future you have problems getting it to work, PM a mod, instead of starting a thread. Thanks :)
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,388
42
1123.6536.5321
Yes, as many have stated here, it's not an automatic thing. Sometimes you have to wait a few hours, or even until the next day depending on the MR servers and their routines. But, all good things comes to those who wait! Plus, it's just an avatar, there are bigger things to worry about in life... ;)
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,388
42
1123.6536.5321
MacNut said:
Hey.....Take that back. :)
:) You'd be surprised how many people are focused on just getting a little picture under their name or bumping up their ranking, as opposed to actually contributing to the Forum and only saying something when they have something meaningful to say. Luckily our excellent Mods are on the ball and usually stop that kind of behavior before it gets too out of control. ;)
 

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
837
213
Virginia, USA
~Shard~ said:
:) You'd be surprised how many people are focused on just getting a little picture under their name or bumping up their ranking, as opposed to actually contributing to the Forum and only saying something when they have something meaningful to say. Luckily our excellent Mods are on the ball and usually stop that kind of behavior before it gets too out of control. ;)
No joke. I've been posting since December '03 (and reading only for 6-8 months before that)-- but I only post when I have something to add to the thread-- ergo about 250 posts. /sighs/ Meanwhile I've watched many many 3 monther's qualify for a 'tar and disappear.
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,388
42
1123.6536.5321
rosalindavenue said:
No joke. I've been posting since December '03 (and reading only for 6-8 months before that)-- but I only post when I have something to add to the thread-- ergo about 250 posts. /sighs/ Meanwhile I've watched many many 3 monther's qualify for a 'tar and disappear.
Yep, I've been here 2 years, and although I'm quite an active member, I have seen a lot of members come and go as well, along the same lines as what you've described. Eventually they get banned for spamming the Forum, they lose interest, or something along those lines - you just have to get used to there being people like that in the community, just like with any community I suppose. ;)
 

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
837
213
Virginia, USA
~Shard~ said:
Yep, I've been here 2 years, and although I'm quite an active member, I have seen a lot of members come and go as well, along the same lines as what you've described. Eventually they get banned for spamming the Forum, they lose interest, or something along those lines - you just have to get used to there being people like that in the community, just like with any community I suppose. ;)
True. This is, however, a better quality community than any other I have observed. There is very little name-calling, there are few ad hominem attacks, and there is a lot of tolerance for posters who don't bother with a google or a forum search. I'm sure this is primarily attributable to the first-class mods on this board. :D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.