Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wattso

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Chester UK
Ok so according to my unit converter £10 sterling is $665.579 US$ . Which would be wonderful! But its highly irritating. After playing round with it I have discovered that the problem is the lists are in a different order the left list starts with A$ and the right list starts with US$. I can get around this by selecting the currency underneath the required on on the left hand list (EG if i want sterling (£) on the left hand side I select Brunei Dollar instead) This is annoying though. So does anybody know ow to help me?

I apologise for how complicated this post may seem but its hard to put it any simpler.

Please help!

Thanks

P.S. I have tried using command + R. No avail.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Yeah I use the same converter as ashjamben...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,575

wattso

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Chester UK
Ok guys thanks for that I will use this one.

I'm one of those people though, even though I only convert currencies rarely and I now have this new one, it will still bug the hell outta me :p

Anyone got any suggestions?

schmoogol

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2005
New Zealand
I don't have a solution, I'm afraid, but I have this exact same problem. I was surprised to find that NZD $1 was only USD $0.015. These currency woes also seem to be caused by the list displacement described above.

magiic

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
San Jose
I don't have a solution, I'm afraid, but I have this exact same problem. I was surprised to find that NZD $1 was only USD $0.015. These currency woes also seem to be caused by the list displacement described above.

sucks for them :p

danielfe

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2003
AA, MI
Is everyone having the problem a developer with the safari preview installed? I didn't see the problem on 10.5.6, but then I installed safari 4 and now I see it.

Whaleyland

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
I just installed Safari 4 last night and the problem is happening today. I think they are linked.

MMR

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
same here after installing safari 4 beta, I just sent a bug report I suggest you all do the same.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Trying to follow the Mac OS X Hints suggestion, but I can't find Unit Converter.wdgt. If I go into /user/Library/Widgets, it just has all my new ones, none of the default system ones are there.

Is it an invisible file?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.