Currency 'unit converter widget' not working

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wattso, Jul 2, 2008.

1. wattso macrumors regular

Ok so according to my unit converter £10 sterling is $665.579 US$ . Which would be wonderful! But its highly irritating. After playing round with it I have discovered that the problem is the lists are in a different order the left list starts with A$ and the right list starts with US$. I can get around this by selecting the currency underneath the required on on the left hand list (EG if i want sterling (£) on the left hand side I select Brunei Dollar instead) This is annoying though. So does anybody know ow to help me?

I apologise for how complicated this post may seem but its hard to put it any simpler.

Please help!

Thanks

P.S. I have tried using command + R. No avail.

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

not sure how to help, but i use this widget click and prefer to the standard one

3. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Yeah I use the same converter as ashjamben...

Attached Files:

4. wattso thread starter macrumors regular

Ok guys thanks for that I will use this one.

I'm one of those people though, even though I only convert currencies rarely and I now have this new one, it will still bug the hell outta me :p

Anyone got any suggestions?

5. schmoogol macrumors newbie

I don't have a solution, I'm afraid, but I have this exact same problem. I was surprised to find that NZD $1 was only USD $0.015. These currency woes also seem to be caused by the list displacement described above.

6. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

sucks for them :p

7. danielfe macrumors newbie

Is everyone having the problem a developer with the safari preview installed? I didn't see the problem on 10.5.6, but then I installed safari 4 and now I see it.

8. Whaleyland macrumors newbie

I just installed Safari 4 last night and the problem is happening today. I think they are linked.

9. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Just installed Safari 4 myself, and what do you know...the Unit Converter freaked out:
    _Skjermbilde 1.jpg
    :rolleyes:

10. MMR macrumors member

same here after installing safari 4 beta, I just sent a bug report I suggest you all do the same.

11. esj102780 macrumors newbie

12. Loudwater macrumors regular

Hope they would fix this bug in the next release. Now I'm paying the price for testing betas. :D

13. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Trying to follow the Mac OS X Hints suggestion, but I can't find Unit Converter.wdgt. If I go into /user/Library/Widgets, it just has all my new ones, none of the default system ones are there.

Is it an invisible file?

14. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Ah, no, the system ones are in /Library/Widgets/ (ie. the Library folder on the root of your HD).