512 MB ram cause for concern?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Epiphron, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Epiphron macrumors regular

I don't own an iphone 4, but i have the latest ipod touch w/ 256 MB ram, and it repsrings a lot (presumably due to memory). Safari is horrible at this, takes up so much memory for me. A jump from 256 to 512 is good, but is it enough?

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Answer to title: no

Windows XP runs fine on 256MB...

3. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

You should do a forum search on this topic. I promise you will find at least 5 threads created asking this very question. There is a reason why Apple chose to not use 1gb of ram.

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I had an iPod touch 4, so I know what you're talking about. Although even an upgrade to 768MB RAM would have been nice, the 512MB is more than enough. I don't find Safari respringing on my iPad 2 as what it was like with the iPod.

5. chulu macrumors newbie

Apple is the greatest company on the earth, of course you shouldn't worry... Take your fandroid crap elsewhere

6. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I didn't even know they spring around like that but then again my last devices where and iPhone 4 and my iPad, I have no idea why apple choose 512 mb sounds really low but then again the phone seems fast enough to outperform a lot phones out there, I gets I got to put it to the test with a duel core and 1gb of RAM android phone. I still got my EVO 3d so will see how that works

7. Epiphron thread starter macrumors regular

i guess my main concern with 512 MB ram is for jailbreak themes and widgets/etc. Does it take a lot of ram for iphone 4 users? On the ipod touch, it certainly does