Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I have a 512 mb sandisk drive I like to use to transfer files from one computer to another. I recently tried to add some files to my drive, but it said it is full. I looked at the properties and it showed I only had 24 mb left. The funny thing is, I don't have any visible files on the drive. How can I look to see if there are some invisible files I need to delete so I can free up some space.

thanks.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
The other possibility is that it's going bad. I've had more Sandisk flash RAM go wrong on me than any other brand - but then, it is a very large brand. Either way, try what CanadaRAM said. If it won't format properly or show up the capacity properly after a format, it's the clearest indication it's bad flash.

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
East Coast
Is your Trash empty? If you delete files from a flash drive, they don't actually get deleted until you empty your trash.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Is your Trash empty? If you delete files from a flash drive, they don't actually get deleted until you empty your trash.

Ha, ya, this caught me when I first got my mini. I moved a bunch of pictures off a compact flash card to the trash but didnt empty. When I took the card out and put back in the camera it said "Card full." I was like WTF??? But I figured it out pretty quickly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.