512GB vs 256SSD 2013 rMBP 13' - Battery life differences?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SSD-GUY, Dec 9, 2013.

1. SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

Question is in the title really, is there a difference between the battery life of a MacBook Retina 13' 2013 Haswell 256GB and a 512GB?

I know the 256GB drives are faster than the 128GB SSDs, but are the 512's faster or slower?

Thanks

2. AndrewMRiv macrumors regular

AndrewMRiv

I can't offer you any real world experience stories since I have never owned a 15" MacBook Pro, but this is what the website currently says (13 on the left and 15 on the right):

[​IMG]

3. mac8867 macrumors 6502

LOL... title says it all, yet you ask about speed... had to laugh.

Battery power - unimpacted by the size of the SSD. Remember, these drives are D-Latch memory chips, not spinning platters. There are probably great benchmarks around showing how they use less power than platter drives etc etc... but I wouldn't expect you to find any evidence that a 512 GB SSD uses more or less power than a 128 GB.

As for performance... that is a completely different question, and quite honestly, handled by many threads in this forum with extensive analysis.

4. SSD-GUY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha, sorry, was going to ask about speed as well.

So battery life isn't really impacted at all then?

And lastly, I see that you're using an i7 rMBP, how's the battery life on that as I too want to upgrade it to an i7.