Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
With weeks to go until a refresh, all of the "should I buy macbook now or no" will drive me crazy. Also, everyone says the same answers to the question.

Conclusion:

If you are a student or teacher:
1) Do you want a free ipod Touch? BUY MAC NOW
2) Do you need a mac badly? BUY MAC NOW
3) Do you not want free ipod Touch and don't need mac badly? DONT BUY MAC NOW

If you are not a student or teacher:
1) Do you need a mac badly? BUY MAC NOW
2) Do you not need mac badly? DONT BUY MAC NOW

and then for all the people who go "isn't ipod touch going to be updated..i dont know if I want it free now"

ITS FREE. Thats the whole point of having the special. You cant expect to get a brand new refreshed ipod touch for free. So because its free, you have to put up with knowing there will be a newer model out there. If this is your first ipod touch, just enjoy it. Since its free, you can buy a newer one next year or something.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
It is ALWAYS this way before a new product release
Everyone feels their situation is just a little different

This too shall pass... until the next product refresh takes center stage

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

mark2288

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
the only thing that makes me sicker than "anyone else sick of 'should i buy a macbook now?'" threads are those that attempt to put an end to them!!!

=P

in all seriousness though, good what-if scenarios. hopefully people will read that before asking about how the refreshes impact their decision.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Actually, I don't mind if they actually search before hand. I remember my constant trolling before I got my first Mac. It's a big decision for people to spend the money on an upgrade or a new Mac.

Also, I need a couple hundred more posts so I can have an avatar! ;)

macrumorsMaster

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2008
in all seriousness though, good what-if scenarios. hopefully people will read that before asking about how the refreshes impact their decision.

Lol, yeah right. No one searches the threads before posting first---even if their question is answered in a thread that is on the CURRENT page :p

jroller

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
Charleston, SC
I'm sick of waiting to buy my new MBPro, but I WILL wait. With Apple's recent apparent notice to their sellers, I don't think the wait will be much longer.

GrimmPenguin

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Bought my Black MacBook about a month ago. I'm happier than ever, and will not regret missing out on the new release. You have to jump in the game sometime, or else you will never get one. I bet one week after the release of the "new" MacBook there will be even more rumors about a better super cool awesome MacBook that everybody will dying to wait for...

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
Isn't asking questions the point of this forum? Apart from finding out about new rumours. Especially in this part of the forum, which would really die if people only asked questions which had not been asked before.

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
You know how tempted I have been to make one of these posts? lol I actually just bought my MacBook from a fellow forum member today! I'm excited to get it and I know I will enjoy it no matter what new one comes out. I will probably wait a year and then get the upgrade at that point :)

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Isn't asking questions the point of this forum? Apart from finding out about new rumours. Especially in this part of the forum, which would really die if people only asked questions which had not been asked before.

Duff-Man says....yes, asking questions and getting answers is the point of the forum however it is also *expected* (not to mention proper forum etiquette) to see if the question has already been asked/answered before cluttering up the forum with duplicate threads. This forum certainly would not die - the threads pertaining to new Macbooks, Pro or whatever would just be a bit more consolidated....oh yeah!

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
It really doesn't bother me. I don't click on thread titles that hold no interest for me. I would think that this section of the forum was designated for just these types of post. Just ignore any threads that bug you.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
It has always been like this, even after a new product has been released. If you really find these threads a nuisance to you, then add the Buying Tips & Advice forum to your ignore list when you hit 'New Posts' or don't include it in your Forum Spy preferences, depending on whichever you use.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
It has always been like this, even after a new product has been released. If you really find these threads a nuisance to you, then add the Buying Tips & Advice forum to your ignore list when you hit 'New Posts' or don't include it in your Forum Spy preferences, depending on whichever you use.

Ah, now if we can train them to only post in that Forum! :rolleyes:

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Ah, now if we can train them to only post in that Forum! :rolleyes:

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Ya, you have a point there. Now that I look at the New Posts page, there are a fair amount of those threads outside of that forum. Not a whole lot a user can do about that then, but they can at least limit the number of them that they see by blocking that forum.

sn00pie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
United States
I don't see a problem. It's nice to see so many prospective buyers yearning for there new Macs. Hey, you can't blame them, it's only human nature to want the greatest and latest gadget.

Atleast there asking for advice and help, would you rather people sign up to complain about how Apple screwed them over by updating a week later?

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
So, did we answer the question? If not may I suggest getting the Magic 8 Ball, shaking it, and going with what it states. There are a couple of 8-Ball apps that you can download that will do this for you; if you haven't debated whether to buy and iPhone or iPod touch that is.

Neil321

macrumors 68040
I don't see a problem. It's nice to see so many prospective buyers yearning for there new Macs. Hey, you can't blame them, it's only human nature to want the greatest and latest gadget.

Atleast there asking for advice and help, would you rather people sign up to complain about how Apple screwed them over by updating a week later?

It maybe human nature but when you start a fresh thread it ask's you to search first there must be a million and one threads all asking the same thing so clearly no ones bothering to do this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.