.........................;.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AsianGIRLpure, Aug 18, 2008.

1. AsianGIRLpure macrumors member

Hey brothers and sisters, i can't even start my computer now. Black Screen,:( no that long sound while the light is still on after i press the start button.But i can still hear something is running inside, but seems not strong enough to start the computer. About half an hour ago, i followed the instruction to upgrade firmware, but i did't keep on pressing that start button(i saw a installtion was precessing while i was pressing ), when i pressed the restart button again, it just like to force quit a program, the computer was shut down. Then i did the whole process again, kept holding down the start button, but this time, i heard very grating voice like DU DU Du.... Then the computer shut down again.... Then after i had a nap :( 囧...things happens....:confused:
    Help me please... Activate and mobilize all the cells in your genius brain to help me!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm heartbreak now, literally!!! 囧...囧...囧...囧...:eek:

PS: i just heard a woman's voice from the black screen" are u sure you want to shut down the computer now".囧...囧...囧...囧...囧...囧...囧...囧...:eek:

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

What computer do you have?

Do you have the brightness turned all the way down? Sorry it was hard to comprehend your questions, seems like you screwed up a firmware upgrade.

If the computer is talking, then "Voiceover" must be on.

3. AsianGIRLpure thread starter macrumors member

I got MBP896 NO...... but strange thing is that when i click some buttons, the DU Du voice comes out!! BUt I'm pretty sure the computer failed in booting 'cause that APPLE image isn't shining and i can't even hear that long tone:(

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

What the heck characters are those in your title? They look like boxes with numbers in them?

Attached Files:

• wtf.jpg
      wtf.jpg
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
  5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The light on the back only comes on when the screen brightness is on.

I suggest restarting the computer with the OS X disc in the drive, then holding 'C' and see if you can get the computer to work then. If not, I suggest you find a local Apple Repair location or Apple Store and have them look at it.

Just to clarify, do you have a PowerBook or a MacBook Pro?

They appear to be Kanji, indicating where she is, and relating to her username.

TEG

6. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

It looks like a camel!

7. AsianGIRLpure thread starter macrumors member

:D it's a Chinese character Means Embarrassment just like
    :( I thought it was really funny

8. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I agree with TEG's suggestion to see if the machine will boot from the OS X CD.

If it does not, it is possible you shutdown the computer while it was still attempting to update the firmware and is now in a state where it cannot boot.

If it does, restart and hold down the Option key and see if your HDD appears as a boot option. If it does, attempt to boot from it.

9. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I thought it was cute, it is just that none of our translation systems could figure it out.

TEG

10. AsianGIRLpure thread starter macrumors member

Exactly, I interrupted the Updating process:( Also, i've already tried to boot from HDD and OS X CD, although it's running, i couldn't see anything on my screen.

And, normally, how long is the warranty, i bought it from HongKong last year on July:(

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's always best to choose a title of your thread that describes the type of help you need, so people will know whether they have something to contribute without having to read the thread.

To modify your title, click this link and double-click the white space to the right of your title to edit the title.

12. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ditto that; Also try if Target Disk mode works?

14. AsianGIRLpure thread starter macrumors member

Target DISK Mode:confused:.... You mean connect to another Mac as HD:confused:

15. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Correct. Connect a FireWire cable between your Mac and another Mac. Turn on the other Mac and let it boot into OS X. Then turn on your Mac, holding down the T key. Eventually, the FireWire symbol will/should appear on your Mac and your Mac's HDD should show up as a FireWire HDD on the other Mac's desktop.

16. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

The interesting thing is... when I saw the characters they looked like some type of smilie, and I still see that, the characterization of embarrassment. Maybe I should study Chinese... :)

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

These characters don't have meanings.