Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by alexbates, Apr 25, 2009.

1. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

[Removed, please delete this thread if you are a moderator. This is at the request of the developer.]

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This will never be accepted (just because it sounds so useful). I don't think it will be rejected either, but will toil in the review process for months.

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

If it's a plugin for Safari there is absolutely zero chance it will get approved. It would have to be a stand-alone app.

4. admanimal macrumors 68040

Even if it does somehow get accepted, it won't last more than a day once it ends up in the news.

5. return7 macrumors 6502

I don't profess to know everything but I don't see how this is actually possible without Apple (or Adobe's) blessing. I call fake until I see more info.

6. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I don't think what he described doing, not that he went into detail, is actually allowed like he claims. Apple doesn't allow apps out of their little boxes, and he's clearly going deeper into the system than that. That being said, I hope it's real and I hope it makes it through.

7. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

I thought the main problem with flash for iPhone was that it would be too resource heavy?

Either way, it would be awesome if it's real and gets approved.

8. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

9. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Hmm, that sounds pretty interesting. If this is true, then once 3.0 comes, with the addition of this app, then the iPhone will finally be up to pace, and better than other smart phones.

Zimm

10. Lara F macrumors 6502a

That would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath either. :(

11. ZunePod macrumors regular

Apple allowed google to breach AppSotre rules, why not Adobe?

12. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A280f Safari/525.20)

It's not Adobe submitting it.

13. scootaru macrumors 6502

When it gets denied, I hope this plugin finds its way to Cydia.

14. iPhoneVic macrumors regular

iPhoneVic

The Developers should get creative

Name all of the Apps Baby Shaker....that way they all get accepted. :confused:

15. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

This.

It should be easy for him to release it on Cydia. If he isn't charging for it, it shouldn't matter where it gets released. Apple surely isn't going to approve this app.

16. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

This would make me jailbreak. I've resisted so far, because I don't think it's worth the hassle but flash would be awesome.

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This can't be real. There is no way that he could get a flash plugin working in the iPhone OS with only APIs approved and in the SDK.

18. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I'm not so sure I'd install it, even for free... But it's a cool idea for others who do want it.

That having been said, it won't be approved. Sounds like it breaks the guidelines.

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, I would be surprised if Apple allowed this too, considering not only that it tweaks system plist files somehow but also that it installs Adobe's code but is not made by Adobe.

Apple's argument against Flash has always been that they don't think the user experience is satisfactory (and to be honest, I don't miss it as much as I expected). Adobe's argument was that they didn't think it could be done within the demands of the SDK and Apple Terms.

Hopefully this developer does plan to make it available to the Jailbreak community, however, assuming that Apple does indeed put the kaibosh on it.

20. alexbates thread starter macrumors 65816

alexbates