iPad Pro $599 Surafce Pro 4 or 9.7" iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRealAlex, Nov 24, 2016.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

2. pika2000 macrumors 68030

If you don't have a laptop yet, I would pick the Surface Pro as it is a laptop.
    If you want second laptop, again, Surface Pro. Simply because it is a laptop.

If you want a tablet, the iPad will give a better experience and apps designed for tablet.

3. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

For content consumption and great battery life, pick the iPad.
    If you want to do more with your device, pick the Surface. I'm about to buy one myself.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

What are your primary uses for the device?

On the same point with everyone else, if your looking for content consumption, he iPad is definitely the way to go. If you're actually needing functions a laptop provides, wether for some computer games or productivity with software not yet supported by iOS, the surface is hands down the way to go.

My personal setup is a surface pro with the iPad mini; the pro allows me the CAD programs I'm used to along with the ability to troubleshoot my iPad (syncing, jailbreaking, backup, etc.). I was honestly very skeptical of the pro as I thought the design of the device itself was lacking finesse, and though the whole touchscreen desktop was a bit unecessary. But overall, I really love the pro. The iPad serves as my light use for macrumors and emails :p but I can honestly say the iPad can perform about 75% of the tasks I need to do.

So the question circles back to, what do you really need in terms of usage?

5. iluvgadgets macrumors regular

I use both, my iPad Pro and I have the surface pro 3. I like the surface for when I'm using word, excel, and other office programs. I use my pro for web surfing, and all my apps. I have a few games, not many. To me, the surface just doesn't have as many apps. It really depends on what you plan to use them for. What I don't like is the updating on the surface.