5c - Hole Case causing damage to the back

rogan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
I had an iPhone 5C for 5 months and it was in perfect condition, until I bought an official 'holey' case for it, since then everything in the world sticks to the rubber and goes into the holes a,d seems to get trapped under the case

I've taken the case off today for the first time since I put it on a few weeks ago, the back of the casing is heavily damaged noticeanble where the holes are, theres 'staining' around where the holes are and it looks awful.

Never had a scratch without the case

Anyone got any ideas if I can get a replacement on the back for this?

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
I had an iPhone 5C for 5 months and it was in perfect condition, until I bought an official 'holey' case for it, since then everything in the world sticks to the rubber and goes into the holes a,d seems to get trapped under the case

I've taken the case off today for the first time since I put it on a few weeks ago, the back of the casing is heavily damaged noticeanble where the holes are, theres 'staining' around where the holes are and it looks awful.

Never had a scratch without the case

Anyone got any ideas if I can get a replacement on the back for this?
Buy a new phone? The only other way would be for the phone to develop a fault and app,e replaces the phone under warranty.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
It is why I will not use a soft case.

Debris will end up sticking to it and getting between the case and the phone. After some time it will actually scuff the finish on the phone if not removed weekly to remove the debris/grit.

Gel cases are the worst.

mhunter6378

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2015
You can get a replacement OEM back housing on Amazon for about $20, a lot of work to change out though see iFixit.com. Why not try some high quality automotive wax/polish first and see if it cleans up the discoloring that you have on yours? That may bring back the finish.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I opted for a full ghost armor covering because I saw crap getting into my 5c through those holes. I'd recommend some sort of skin for that very reason.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Are you sure those marks won't come off with some rubbing alcohol or other solvent? If it's just dirt and grime, it should wipe off.