5c home button rotates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tryphone, Jan 14, 2015.

1. tryphone macrumors member

Hello all, I'm new here. I have been an android guy since it was launched by Google, I recently switched to windows phone, realized it was really annoying, and finally just caved and bought a used 5c...(yeah, I'm poor). Well, I noticed after a while that my home button will rotate side to side a little. It doesn't bother me that much. I'm just wondering if it will cause more problems in the future or if it will get worse? I can get it repaired but if it's just a minor annoyance I can deal with it. I'm happy to be a part of this community.

-Shane

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

rotating won't necessarily cause you issues, the home button is held inside the iPhone by grooves so theres no chance of it falling out, the only reason it stays straight is because of a sticky membrane, either it became unsticky or the screen was replaced and the person tore it a bit, you should be fine.

3. tryphone thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!!! I think the screen was replaced at one time. I could be wrong though. Shady Craigslist deal

4. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

I have a 32GB Yellow 5C - brought it "new" and just love it! I like it even better then the Space Gray 5S which was my previous iPhone! Just love the way it feels when you clutch it and the nice pastel colors! I seen a lot of carrying this phone around too! It been great iPhone for me since I don't need to be so careful in in scratching the 5S!

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Well, it doesn't mean you are going to have troubles in the future, but the home button isn't supposed to move that way.

6. tryphone thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I know lol. I was disappointed when I found out but maybe I'll have it repaired. I really like this thing. Any idea on how much it would be to have it repaired?