5C keeps asking for itunes password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phil in ocala, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502

Phil in ocala

I never buy ANYTHING...FROM THE ITUNES STORE AND DON'T WANT TO...but Apple insists and keeps asking me for the User and password....I see nothing in settings to stop this....Apple Developers MUST know this and just think it's very funny...I am not laughing...
    If you have a solution...pls let me know....if you don't pls pass on any comment
    Thanks

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Do you have any apps downloaded from the App Store? Purchased or not? You'd still need to enter the password if you are downloading any free apps. If you've restarted your iPhone then possibly it will be trying an update and you'd need to sign in.

Have you tried signing in and does it continue to prompt you for the password all the time? Or do you keep cancelling the prompt?

3. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

iCloud or iTunes or both? If the password for your Apple ID has been changed recently, or if an update for an app has been requested then the password prompt will appear. Even for free applications.

Make sure the device is connected to either your cellular service or WiFi. Then enter the password carefully, ensuring you've used capitals where necessary.

If you're sure the login details are correct, try logging in with the same account on iCloud.com. If you can't log in, then try changing the password through the device, or iforgot.apple.com.

If you managed to log into iCloud, but are still having issues, then getsupport.apple.com is the way to go.

4. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

Everything is centered in iTunes! Apps Store and iCloud are apart of iTunes.