5C or something else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chevelle, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Chevelle macrumors regular

I was using a Moto X and really liked it. I dropped it in water and ruined it. Bought it off contract on AT&T so I went to the store a couple days ago and got a 5S. I'm going to exchange it tomorrow because the screen is just too small for me. I use a massive amount of data browsing the web and watching videos. Before the Moto X I had a Note II and before that it was an iPhone 4.

I like iOS so I was considering a 5c. Am I going to like the phone given that I like the 5S except for the screen size?

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

The 5c and 5S have the same screen size. Id say go with something else with a bigger screen or wait for the iPhone 6 (a good 4 months maybe)

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Why would you get a 5C, if you didn't like 5S? The screen size is the same.

4. Chevelle thread starter macrumors regular

I thought the 5c was a little bigger for some reason. I can't wait 4 months for the 6 because I need something now. Guess I'll go with the S5.

5. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

I would take a look at the htc m8,before committing to the s5.

6. Chevelle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, looks legit.

7. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

8. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Don't do it, S5 is not as smooth as 5S, and i have had to factory re set already after a month, i got one sitting here i can't sell unless i drop $300 from original cost. I also got a 5S last week till 6 arrives for a bigger screen, but i couldn't wait.
    The S5 screen is nice but that's it.

I also had a M8 and didn't like it but it sold easily.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I doubt you will like the 5C. You answered your question. I'd wait for the 6. I can see your situation. Your use to a bigger screen, transitioning to a smaller screen can be difficult.

10. Chevelle, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014

Chevelle thread starter macrumors regular

I went with the s5 and I'm glad I did so far. I like ios and it does have a smoother feel overall but my phone is primarily used for Web browsing and texting. I use a ton of data. I'm sure the iPhone 6 is going to be the perfect package but I can't wait so I at least need something to hold me over until then.

The 5s is obviously a lot better one handed though. I have pretty big hands and the S5 can be used one handed for me but not as easily. I think a 4.7-4.8 screen is the perfect size. The Moto X was the perfect compromise but they need to make a Moto X 2 and update the specs.

11. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

I think iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s is comparatively same features and same screen resolution but the main difference is 5c having Polycarbonate body material and 5s having Aluminum Body Material. so according to me 5s is great but 5c is also a great alternative. :cool:

12. P A U L macrumors member

if you want a bigger screen, wait for mid-september for the iPhone 6. go buy a cheap spare on craigslist and wait it out!

13. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

That's like saying a Camry and m5 have comparatively same features and the main difference is the interior materials.

14. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

The 5s screen IS too small. So...why the 5c? That doesn't make sense.