5c puzzle "Blocked" caller

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atarria, Dec 3, 2013.

1. atarria macrumors member

I have a new 5c from T-Moble with a puzzling problem. One of my contacts on Sprint can't get through. When he calls the voice message says he is blocked at the owner's request. I have not blocked anyone. I added him to my Favorites list and re-did the contacts card for him. He has the iPhone 4 and can receive a message from me and I can get a message from him but no voice calls. The first message he sends are blue but repeated ones have grey backgrounds.

T-Moble phone support checked its settings and said all were OK. At the T-Moble store we did a restore on the phone without success so a replacement is on order. I am not convinced that the problem is with the iPhone or any settings I have made to the phone.

Has anyone encountered this type of problem?

2. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Sprint has restrictions that can be set via website to prevent texting or calling certain/all numbers. Does TMO have the same? Could be something like that or maybe one of you has a 3rd party app installed that is causing the problem?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This might be the issue. Sprint's blocking goes both ways. You cannot call/text a number or receive a call/text from the number that's been blocked.

iMessage (the blue you mention) goes through Apple's servers though so that may be why the contact can iMessage you. Can you call your contact? If you can get through (by that I mean engage in a voice conversation with your contact by calling them and the contact answering) then that would indicate that your number is not blocked via the Sprint website.

4. atarria thread starter macrumors member

T-Moble sent me a replacement 5c. Problem resolved.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Curious how that would have sold it? If the calls were placed and a message would play that the call was blocked, that doesn't appear to be any kind of Apple/iPhone blocking and more like carrier blocking if anything, and that wouldn't be taken care of with a new phone.