5c rugged case recommendation.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mjike, Mar 27, 2014.

1. mjike macrumors newbie

Hey folks. I was holding out for an iPhone 6 this year but my 4s didn't agree so the 5c was the best option until the 6 arrives. Had I done research I would have noticed the small pool of cases to choose from and would have chosen a 5s but what's done is done. I'm now in the market for a new rugged case for my iphone 5c. I'm currently using the Griffon Survivor but I'm very dissatisfied with it because it causes me to sound like I'm talking through a paper tube according to people on the line with me and the front screen protector portion is loose.

I've owned 4 different iPhone models and have always used Obox Defender cases with great satisfaction however I do not like the new design for the 5s/5c that has minimal home button protection.

I'm leaning towards the i-Blason atm, but any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Spigen SGP10543 iPhone 5C Tough Armor Case Series Metal Slate - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Metal Slate
    http://amzn.com/B00EISGVHQ
    Done!
    I love this case. Better than my otterbox comutter.

3. mjike thread starter macrumors newbie

That's a good looking case but it looks like it doesn't offer home button protection which is a must for me

4. musicjunky macrumors regular

May I ask what is appropriate home button protection? I've never seen this specifically mentioned before.

5. jr866gooner, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014

jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I can vouch for this, it's awesome!!

I'll add pics in a minute!

Edit**

As promised

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I have the iPhone 5 version and it work well. Many drops and my iPhone 5 survived.