5D MK2 Video Freezing ?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by derdom2000, Apr 4, 2009.

1. derdom2000 macrumors newbie

Hi

I have just bought a Canon 5d mk2 camera ? And when i have it on the tripod and pan the video seems to stutter ?

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Cheers

Dom

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Where does it stutter?

In the display (Live View) or in the editing software (which by the way?)?

What settings did you use?

Did you properly convert them, if you experience the stutter in your editing suite?

PS:

"Note that the Canon 5D Mark II's video also suffers from the same Jello-effect we saw on the Nikon D90. It's an effect produced by the top-to-bottom linear method that the camera uses to draw an image off the sensor. If you pan rapidly, vertical lines in the image will appear to lean in the opposite direction of the pan. Pan back and forth rapidly and the entire image shakes like Jello."

from http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E5D2/E5D2A.HTM

3. derdom2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

It the whole frame judders like it is dropping frames ? And only really noticeable after it has been burnt to DVD.

I am using Final Cut Express and Exporting as Quicktime and then burning Pro Quality on iDVD ?

Also the menu on iDVD seems to be fine before i burn it and when it is on a DVD seems to have lost alot of quality ?

Cheers

Dom

4. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

Bit of a shot in the dark but perhaps it has to do with the 5D shooting 30fps and DVDs being 29.97fps. You could try slowing the clip speed to 99.9% and outputting at 29.97fps. Not sure what software you'd be able to do this with — maybe someone else could chime in with a suggestion.