Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeeShoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
North Carolina
Contour Design Announces New State Of The Art Clear Hard Case For The Apple Video iPod

The New Contour iSee Video shows Apple's Video iPods Clearly

Windham, NH -December 13th, 2005 -Contour Design, a market leader in Apple iPod hard case accessories, is excited to announce the iSee-video 30 and the iSee-video 60, the first crystal clear iPod cases for the new iPods with video support (30 and 60GB versions). In addition to being the ultimate in protection, the new iSee-video features unobstructed viewing in a slim-line snap-on design case.

Simply Snap-on and Go!
With its crystal clear, low profile, secure snap-on design, the iSee-video cases bring the beauty and simplicity of Contour's iSee line to the iPod with video. "When designing this case we asked our cutting edge design team to make sure that nothing obscured watching video on the new iPods," said Mike Jackle, spokesman for Contour Design. "What they developed was the best designed and best engineered crystal clear iPod case available in its class today." The impact resistant polycarbonate hard case keeps the LCD display scratch free, ensuring that both menus and videos are seen clearly. The iSee-video cases also protects the rest of the iPod from anything that can mar its sleek, clean finish while keeping the click wheel easily accessible.

Total iPod protection
The iSee-video range comes in two models - one for the 30GB and one for the 60GB iPod with video. The two halves of the crystal clear iSee-video snap together around the iPod while still maintaining the beauty and low profile look and feel of the iPod. Openings for the clickwheel and hold switch keep all of the control surfaces easily accessible without compromising protection. And clearance for headphones and dock connectors ensure that many add-on accessories will be compatible with the Contour iSee-video cases.

Key "iSee-able" Features

Crystal clear polycarbonate case offers all around protection for Apple's iPod with video
Slim and secure snap-on design complements iPod style without obscuring screen
Easy access to all controls
Easy access to connectors and headphone jack
Strong detachable horizontal belt clip provides a secure comfortable fit on a belt or pocket
Availability and Pricing
The Contour iSee-video 30 and iSee-video 60 will be available the second week of December 2005, through Contour Design's extensive distributor and reseller partners. Retail price is $25.95 US and £25.99 including VAT.

About Contour Design
Contour Design Inc., based in Windham, New Hampshire, is a manufacturer of innovative add-on products for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX workstations, specializing in the iPod accessories, audio/video and ergonomic markets. Contour Design's European HQ is in Stanmore Middlesex, with distributors in all major EMEA countries.

For more information about Contour Design products and solutions, please visit our website http://www.contourdesign.com or contact your authorized Contour Design dealer.

Isee,iSee-Video 60, and iSee-Video 30 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Contour Design, Inc. All other products and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Edit: PICTURES! Taken from Contourcase.com under the iSee section.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
freeny said:
WOW! A scratch prone box to cover my pod. Do you think they will come out with a case for my case?:confused:

Yeah, I found one but I think it was like $35 or something... and it didn't show the screen.

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
Yeah, I'm always hesitant to get a hard plastic cover for my ipod. Aren't you buying the case to keep the plastic screen from getting scratched? Then why cover it with the same scratchable material? I personally would suggest the Invisible Shield, that's what I'm planning to get when I upgrade to my video iPod (crossing fingers). For now, it's just a silicon case with some clear packing tape over the screen. Sounds ghetto, but it looks good and no one can tell. When it gets scratched, off with the tape, wipe off the little remaining adhesive, and throw a new piece on. :D

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
chopsuey158 said:
Yeah, I'm always hesitant to get a hard plastic cover for my ipod. Aren't you buying the case to keep the plastic screen from getting scratched? Then why cover it with the same scratchable material? I personally would suggest the Invisible Shield, that's what I'm planning to get when I upgrade to my video iPod (crossing fingers). For now, it's just a silicon case with some clear packing tape over the screen. Sounds ghetto, but it looks good and no one can tell. When it gets scratched, off with the tape, wipe off the little remaining adhesive, and throw a new piece on. :D
I think Power Supports' Clear Film set is much better than the Inviisible Shield and ilounge.com agrees with me. Its just a lot easier to install and cheaper. I highly suggest it. Yeah, I refused to get a case for my 4G iPod, but for the 5G it just is gone with the wind, so I have decided to do the least I can do and use the clear film.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I hope they're still going to redesign the Showcase/Sportcase. I don't like the completely see through, break-when-you-drop-it plasticy thing.

The current showcase is the best protection for an iPod in my opinion. It's easy enough to take on and off, and it's extremely rugged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.