5GB iPod stuck on Apple logo-help?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by applefan1997, Apr 17, 2007.

1. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

For no reason, I turned on my ipod, and it would spin up, and show the exclamation mark/folder. I tried to enter disk mode, and it just hangs at the Apple logo. I know the HD is not bad. ii have 2 HD's and the same thing happens with either. What can I do?

2. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

How is it you know the HD is not bad? I'm confused. You have two HDs in your iPod?

Anyway, try letting it sit until the battery runs out. Recharge and see if that let's you get it going.

3. applefan1997 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have 2 different HD's sitting around. I put the other in it to see if it would work.
    BTW It cant charge if it cant go into disk mode or whatever, i think.

4. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

OK...

Well, letting the chaarge run out would be my first step since there would be little else you could do at this point (from what I gather from your post). In my experience, letting the charge run down completely and then plugging it in to charge has solved a "frozen" iPod twice.

And, you don't need to enable disk use (I think that's what you mean) to get a charge. Simply plugging it in should suffice.

5. robPOD macrumors 6502

Plug it in and let us know what happend. Btw is that a 1st gen ipod you are using?