5k iMac 2015 bluetooth problems and gpu noise issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hroar, Oct 28, 2015.

1. hroar macrumors newbie

I have just gotten a 5k iMac with i7 and m395x. It seems like a really good computer thus far, but I have 2 issues with it, and was wondering if anyone else got the same, or if it needs repairs.

1. When the GPU starts up, and the fan probably starts at a slow pace, it makes a low "clonking" kind of noise, that disappears when the fan spins up more. So that if I start a GPU intensive game, it makes the clonking noise for a minute or so, and then it disappears when it spins up more. And then it comes back when the computer cools down again. The sound is not very loud, but noticable when there are no sounds from the speakers.

2. The bluetooth keeps dropping connection to my magic keyboard and trackpad every 10-45 minutes. The keyboard seems to reconnect almost instantly, while the trackpad uses 5-10 sec. before it reconnects. Very annoying, but thought it might be a software bug.

In any case. Anyone else had these problems? Or do they sound specific to my computer? Would be nice to know before getting the computer repaired.

2. mattoligy macrumors 6502

mattoligy

Seems to be a few people complaining about funny noises coming from the fan.

3. hroar thread starter macrumors newbie

ok... so it is probably a hadware thing that either is "supposed" to be that way, or some kind of fault in a few units. Thanks for the reply :)