As distinct from fancying one, can there be any conceivable logical justification for me buying a 5k iMac? My Windows laptop (used in conjunction with a 21 inch monitor, and USB keyboard and mouse) is getting a little mature and my son, who is highly computer savvy and now much happier in the land of Apple than of Windows, would much prefer that the continuing techie support which he gives to me be in the Apple world. And my wife and I both have iPads and iPhones. So when I get a successor to the Windows laptop it will, I believe, be an Apple computer. Fine. Because of the iPads we do not really need the portability of a laptop. If we had one we might carry it to be near the TV occasionally but that would be about it. So an iMac, I think. I do love nice and clever technology. But what is it to be used for? It's most demanding certain use will be for photo "editing". I put editing in quotes for good reason. There is a lot of that activity. We have 20000-30000 photos. But 90% of that activity is selection and transferring, not editing. The other 10% is mainly cropping, with the residue being simple enhancements using Photoshop Elements. The principal products of this activity are transfers of the "edited" and organised photos for viewing on a 55 inch Sony HD TV mainly via copies transferred to a PS3, and sometimes via a USB hard drive attached to the PS 3. The organised photos are also copied to our iPads. Modest though this use might be for a topish-end iMac, it is currently the use which most prevents consideration of managing with no computer. Others current uses are mainly based around domestic issues - managing our correspondence, very light spreadsheet activity, copying/scanning/printing with the attached multifunction device. And while most of our email and Internet activity is on the iPads, I prefer the laptop and full screen for any particularly intensive web browsing especially when comparing multiple sites. All of our CDs have also been input to iTunes on the laptop. A possible future use would be for video "editing", having bought a new camera which does good video including 4k video (a Panasonic FZ1000). If this takes off, again the so-called editing would be at the light end of the spectrum, largely trimming and joining. Except that any 4k material would need to be converted to HD format for the TV, PS3, and whatever the iPads require. No games, unless son or grandsons require and sort them. So, what here, if anything, would justify/warrant/benefit from a 5k iMac? And, as a supplementary, could the TV, directly or via the PS3, display the photos and/or video as slickly as now if they took stored content via wifi from an Apple Time Capsule or similar device instead of being copied on to the PS3's hard drive? I am of course also seeking my son's advice on all of this, but he does not have an iMac. Advice, please.