5k iMac "Preparing for Shipment"

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
My order's estimated arrival date was between October 24th and 28th, but I just noticed my order is in the "Preparing for Shipment" state, so it looks like it'll be on the early side of that!

I traded my former iMac to a friend who has a detailing business. In return for the iMac I get free detailing for the life of my car. Just finished setting it up for him (2012 BTO 27" iMac) Seeing how excited he was when he saw my "old" iMac on his desk next to his Windows PC and (now very small looking) Dell monitor made me even more eager to be getting my replacement soon.

Just a few more days! Who else has "Preparing for Shipment" now?

hqcariello

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
iMac 5K

I ordered my
27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display, maxed out, on October 22nd

got status changed from "processing item" to "preparing for shipment"on October 25th

my window estimate
Available to ship: 5-7 business days
Delivers: Nov 5 - Nov 7 by Standard Shipping

waiting for the "shipped" updated status with a tracking number . Checking it every few hours.... ;).......order updated status to "shipped" on October 27th. To be Delivered November 3rd :)....ORDER UPDATE- scheduled for early delivery- Oct 31 :)

Last edited:

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Mine is delivery from 30th to 3rd of November. it went into preparing stage last night at 11. Still hasn't shipped but it's Sunday here in Melbourne. It'll need to ship by tomorrow for it to be delivered this Thursday the 30th.

auwkeung

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
mine was shipped on Friday night but DHL shows no change since "Departed facility in Shanghai"....it"s been two days already

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Mine as well.... hopefully will ship out tomorrow or at latest Monday.
Wonder if it will arrive earlier than expected as I chose express shipping for 2-3 day delivery.
Anyone who pays Apples extortionate prices for memory upgrades needs their head looking at ;)

auwkeung

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
I found that the shipment status when accessed from the order status page is more updated compared to the one accessed from DHL homepage...

Giusto70

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
My order's estimated arrival date was between October 24th and 28th, but I just noticed my order is in the "Preparing for Shipment" state, so it looks like it'll be on the early side of that!

I traded my former iMac to a friend who has a detailing business. In return for the iMac I get free detailing for the life of my car. Just finished setting it up for him (2012 BTO 27" iMac) Seeing how excited he was when he saw my "old" iMac on his desk next to his Windows PC and (now very small looking) Dell monitor made me even more eager to be getting my replacement soon.

Just a few more days! Who else has "Preparing for Shipment" now?

Giusto70

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
Hello..!

Ordered Mine on the 20th..! Upgrade everything beside Ram..! Just turn few hours ago Preparing for Shipping..! Hopefully will get it soon..! Originally Delivery date is 26th - 28th..!