• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Thanks for the reply. Wha t id the freq for 4g/lte here? Do you know? I am on the go thats why hard to look it up for me.

Comment

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I have a Verizon 5c and was at Best Buy the other day. A guy there wanted to test his AT&T sim, so we put it in. Showed full service and LTE.

Comment

Jiftyrealm

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Correct. You can even use it unlocked in the states, but from what I understand you won't get 4G/LTE.

That's partially incorrect. The phone will be fully unlocked for use in the US (except for Sprint) and you will be able to pickup LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile.

Comment

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Where do you buy no contract Verizon unlcoked iphone 5s? Retail has them?

Comment

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
The phone will be fully unlocked for use in the US (except for Sprint) and you will be able to pickup LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile.
Unlocked is unlocked. The inability to use it with Sprint has nothing to do with locks. Sprint won't activate it. By law, Verizon is required to not lock the device at all due to their purchase of the 700Mhz spectrum.

Comment

howthegodschill

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
Rivet City
That's partially incorrect. The phone will be fully unlocked for use in the US (except for Sprint) and you will be able to pickup LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile.

Well that's good to know. I forgot where I'd heard that the LTE wouldn't work, but I'm actually glad it turned out to not be true. That little tidbit should up the resale value come iPhone 6 time.

Comment

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Pls correct me if i am wrong. You cannot buy unlocked/no contract free Verizon 5s from Apple.com. It must be from Verizon.

Comment

IBJanky

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I just picked up a Verizon 16GB iPhone 5S last night from the local Apple store and paid the full price of $649.

I went home and the first thing I did was insert my Straight Talk sim card and restored it. Works great.

Needless to say, it was UNLOCKED right out of the box.

Comment

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
Where do you buy no contract Verizon unlcoked iphone 5s? Retail has them?

Best Buy for most of us, Apple stores for the few that have one. Maybe other places?

Pls correct me if i am wrong. You cannot buy unlocked/no contract free Verizon 5s from Apple.com. It must be from Verizon.

Don't know that Verizon will sell them.

Comment

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
I just picked up a Verizon 16GB iPhone 5S last night from the local Apple store and paid the full price of $649.

I went home and the first thing I did was insert my Straight Talk sim card and restored it. Works great.

Which store? Thx.

----------

Best Buy for most of us, Apple stores for the few that have one. Maybe other places?

Don't know that Verizon will sell them.

Verizon says none in stock. Best Buy need to check.

----------

Best Buy sells them for $699?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-i...id=1219063235291&skuId=1751837&contract_desc=

Comment

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Verizon retail will not sell an iPhone without activating an account.

----------

If I buy a Verizon iPhone subsidized how long do I have to wait to cancel the account and what are the fees?

Is buying it subsidized plus cancellation fees cheaper than buying it device only full priced?

Comment

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
If you want the Verizon iPhone you'll have to activate an account, purchase subsidized, and just cancel it later and pay the ETF ($350) later. They won't sell you one without an account.

Comment

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
Would I be able to use my verizon 5s in France with a prepaid SIM card? With lte?

Comment

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013

So I can cancel my Verizon Wireless contract and get Straight Talk? I have a Verizon iPhone 5s

Comment

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
To give heads up to people like me.

I purchased the Verizon 16gb grey from Best Buy. They have bunch of silver/white 32gb but no 16gb. Gold none. I got the last 16gb grey.

They sell them $50 over msrp but price matched Apple.

Yes, the phone works with my SIM card, no problem.

Comment

Jiftyrealm

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Unlocked is unlocked. The inability to use it with Sprint has nothing to do with locks. Sprint won't activate it. By law, Verizon is required to not lock the device at all due to their purchase of the 700Mhz spectrum.

I said "...for use in the US (except for Sprint)" implying that the particular model the original poster is interested in will not work for Sprint.

Comment

riggatoney

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2008
AT&T unlocked iphone 5c on vzw?

A coworker just payed ETF for his AT&T iphone 5c. He has offered to sell me it, im wondering if i can use it on verizon.

Right now I have a galaxy s3 and was going to cut the sim down but can't find any information on whether it will work.

Comment

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
A coworker just payed ETF for his AT&T iphone 5c. He has offered to sell me it, im wondering if i can use it on verizon.

Right now I have a galaxy s3 and was going to cut the sim down but can't find any information on whether it will work.

The hardware would work fine as it's identical, but as I understand it, Verizon refuses to allow anything to work that's not a "Verizon" phone, which in this case means "an iPhone sold as a Verizon phone".

I bought a "Verizon" 5s to use on AT&T even though I have no intention of ever using Verizon just in case I ever needed to for some reason.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.