5s Battery: is 5 hours of usage really normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JerTheGeek, Feb 17, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I have a 5s and I love it. But the battery life bugs me. I imagine I should get at least 6.5 hours or more; I have a pebble watch connected to it but still I would only expect that to take away maybe 1.5 hours. So shouldn't I be able to get 6-6.5 hours of usage, rather than just 5? I have gotten 6 hours or more before, but it doesn't seem to be very consistent. I did a complete restore not too long ago and did a battery calibration the the other day; and nothing.
    My question is, is this normal for a 5s? Is it realistic to expect to get 6 or more hours of usage when I have a pebble connected and use web based apps/safari and other typical phone tasks, such as mail, messages, music, radio, etc.? Is the 5 hours that I usually get average, or is there something up with my iPhone?

2. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

If bluetooth is basically always on I would say 5 hours is about right.

3. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

4. Matheew944 macrumors regular

for a 5s yes, 5 hours , maximum 7 hours on 5s

5. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

I only average 4 to 4 1/2 on my 5s. Used to get 6-7 on the iPhone 5

zero Bluetooth usage, no background app refresh, no playing games and very little music.

low cell service most of the time though and wifi in and out of connection

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Depends on the usage. I used to get 9-10 hours out of mine, but that was mostly just email, facebook, listening to music, and some light texting.

7. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Sounds about right for a 5s. I can get 5 hours out of my 4s on a three year old battery. My 6 Plus goes around 12 hours screen on time with Bluetooth on all day connected to my Pebble, and mostly LTE use. Easily a couple of days finishing at 60-70% at the end of the day.

I had an iPhone 5c for 6 months and it was around 6 hours, but I didn't have my Pebble yet.

All depends on the apps, brightness, battery condition, reception, etc.

It is only 1560mAh after all.

8. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

I get around 5 hours on my 5. Getting the 6+ in march and debating whether to get a mophie for it

9. Matheew944 macrumors regular

6 Plus battery is amazing. batttery usually lasts 2-3 days without recharge... I used it for 2 days a lot and the battery still 45%, 8 hours of usage, playing games , watching vídeos, using safari, etc. U dont need a mophie case for Iphone 6 Plus...