Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galaxy7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2014
Maybe not a problem here, that's why I'm asking; but got a question about some weird battery quirks on the new phone.

So I noticed on this device (and iOS), the battery indicator doesn't change when the charge is complete like it did on my old phone/iOS. But I've caught my phone a couple times where I'd wake up in the morning and the batt would be at 96% still plugged in and having been plugged in all night. Have also seen a couple times where I'd unplug it (indicating 100%), again after being plugged up all night, and it's immediately drop to 97-98%.

Is there some algorithm that's stops the charging when you leave it plugged in? Batt life seems to be OK; haven't noticed any decreased life/performance that's caught my attention. Thanks everyone.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
Is there some algorithm that's stops the charging when you leave it plugged in? Batt life seems to be OK; haven't noticed any decreased life/performance that's caught my attention. Thanks everyone.

There is an over-charge protection. I can't say for sure that this is it, though. I notice it more Apple's MacBook line. I've plugged in before and it just sat at 96%, never going to 100%.

You can try doing a full 0-100 cycle to see if that makes the battery reading more accurate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.