5s calls go directly to voicemail--no ring

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alainr, Feb 19, 2014.

1. alainr macrumors regular

I have an iphone 5s. verizon is my carrier.

Sometimes a call goes directly into my voicemail without ringing.

It is not constant. I may get one phone call and then 10 minutes later (and i am in the same place) I see a message that someone called, but the phone did not ring. 30 minutes later, a call comes thru.

this has happened in different locations.

i don't have do not disturb on, nor the mute button.

any solutions?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you mean by seeing a message that someone called? Do you actually see a missed call on the phone, or so you mean you suddenly just see a new voicemail out of nowhere?

3. alainr thread starter macrumors regular

there is a notice of a voicemail message

The first screen says there is a message and to slide and i get to the message and can play it.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

By message you mean a new voicemail, right? And no sign of missed call notification?

5. alainr thread starter macrumors regular

there is no notice of a missed call.
    just a notice that there is a voicemail message.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can perhaps try resetting network settings to see if that might help with the issue. There's also a new iOS 7 update that was released today, perhaps installing that might get things working.

Of course that's aside from the possibility that you might have a weak Verizon signal in various locations where this happens, which can occasionally result in things of this nature.

7. alainr thread starter macrumors regular