5S clear case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by budala15, Dec 29, 2013.

1. budala15 macrumors newbie

Can anyone recommend a simple TPU clear case?

2. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

TPU clear cases get yellow over time, just fyi. If your goal is to have a phone that looks close to naked, take a look at the Caudabe Veil discussion a few threads down. I've had mine for months and love it. The only drawback is that it provides little drop protection, but for preserving the look of the iPhone it's second to none.

3. budala15 thread starter macrumors newbie

I like the beauty of the phone and want some protection.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

5. budala15 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the one in Ultra Hybrid in Black. So far there is no wear on the sides. It still shows the iPhone very well. I've gotten a lot of complements on my case. I'm going to get the clear one. I suspect that you might have to clean it more than the Black or Brown.

A Clear case is gonna change colors no matter which brand you get. Its just like the plastic they use for car headlights. I mentioned Spigen because it looks a lot more durable than the other clear cases. I was surprised that I can actually stand my iPhone up with the case one. The cutout for the flash is really nice.

Spigen also makes a Ultra Thin case. The top and bottom are open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yNfy5qbQY

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen-SGP095...8347185&sr=1-44&keywords=clear+iphone+5s+case

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have been using this the Spigen (ULTRA HYBRID [Crystal Clear]) for a few weeks. Have a few others too, but this is my favorite. No discoloration yet, but if it does I might buy another.

I was using the Ultra Thin Air polycarbonate. This looked the best, but feel that it was contributing to fine scratches in the bezel, so quit using it.

8. Kaelbron macrumors member

Will this also rub on clothes? I myself am interested in this.

http://www.spigen.com/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-metal.html

Do you know any alternative that would not make it?

9. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I've seen one of the reviews on youtube mention that the color on his jeans is starting to wear off on the case. After seeing that, I thought it could happen depending on what type of jeans you wear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJan98EgRWI

I don't have the Neo Hybrid. Its a bumper case. Something I don't want to use.

10. Kaelbron macrumors member

But that one you posted is basically the same kind of case but with a plastic surface that protects the back.

I think the bumper is neat because you can see the stylish design and the phone will not be as slippery to hold in as if it were naked.

11. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Yeah I know. I was just putting that out as an option.

I saw a few reviews here on the Neo Hybrid. It's looks sweet. You should check it out. I like have something on the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYzizaTeGV8

12. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

Agreed on Luvvitt clear case. I enjoyed mine for the time that I had it.

14. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I'll "third" the Luvvitt case. I got it for my wife for Christmas and she loves it. It's crystal clear, but grippy.

15. Kaelbron macrumors member

I felt that looked really neat. The only thing I'm worried about whether it will rub off on fabric, clothing, pants pocket and jacket pockets.How do they become with l-shaped headphones? Saw that the only apples charging cable will fit but they're still cool to me.

I use BookBook like I like it very much though it seems difficult to use now that I want http://flipbelt.com. Thought Neo Hybrid should fit.

16. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

Have you decided on a case yet budala15, based on everybody's suggestions?

17. Daws macrumors member

18. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

For pure clarity, I'd go with the Caudabe Veil. The Luvvitt is a nice option too and definitely provides more protection than the Caudabe. But, I personally don't like the feel. It's too slippery and gets slimy (yuck) from sweat, etc. since the back is glossy. Other than that, it's a good case though.

19. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I bought the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear for a friend. It arrived here today and it's actually nicer than I expected. I thought the sides were going to be a hard plastic but its soft clear plastic like the other Ultra Hybrids. You definitely see more of the iPhone. I thought it would be an issue with the clothes rubbing off. I had some of the ink from the template I created rub against it.. The ink was easily removed without discoloring the case.

It's very comfortable in my hands just like the black one I've been using for that past weeks.

I'm putting in an order for the clear case for myself.

20. cbrad8582 macrumors member

cbrad8582

--Amplelink-- is right.. Caudabe veil is a very sleek/thin case... Love it.

21. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

Why are people so high on the Caudabe veil? I've seen reviews on it and it looks like it diminishes the color. Looks like it has a frost like color to it.

Attached Files:

22. nuarichard macrumors member

23. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I've just ordered one of these in coffee brown. Should arrive tomorrow.

24. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Let me know how you like it. I've only seen the coffee brown on youtube. It looks nice with the gold iPhone 5s.

I see some scratches on the back of my Ultra Hybrid case that's not too noticeable. Half of the time I'm rocking some templates I made which gives my case a different look. I printed my templates on Canon printer paper that I got for free with my ink refills. :D

I made sure the size of the photo is 1136x640 pixels Then printed out on 4x6 photo paper. Used the Spigen template map out the cutting. Scissors to cut the outsides and a hole puncher to cut out the flash hole.