5s color resale value

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiddlaBronc, Apr 12, 2014.

1. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Just a dumb wondering scenario but after owning a champagne colored 5s, i really miss my black 4. I actually preferred the glass construction. The 5 black slate actually looks great as well.

Dont get me wrong i love my current champagne and get compliments when ppl see it. Imo apple should have made the colors solid all across. Anyways what do you guys think about certain colors bringing more $?

It does not really matter to me, but ill be upgrading to a 6 if i can keep the upgrade cost to less than 200.

2. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The gold 5S models were going for a lot of money when they first came out because lots of people wanted it, but the supply was constrained.

There's less of a demand and more of a supply so I'd say the resale value is now inline with the other models.

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

anything of significance will cost more money. gold iphone 5s eventually will because it's the first gold premium iphone. that's why there's so much demand for it.

5. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Fixed that for ya.

Only reason the gold had a higher demand was because the supply was so limited at launch. It was a new color, and people wanted it because they couldn't get it. So they paid insane amounts of money to buy them from people who had one. That's all over now. Supply is fine. I can walk into any store and grab one with no problem. No one is going to pay more for a gold iPhone 5s now or "eventually". The demand is long over.

6. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

call it how u want it, gold will always have a beter wow factor than gray and white. :)

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

But won't make it worth noticeable more at this point or in the future really given that there are plenty around and it's easy to get them.

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

But I say resale factor would be higher on the gold because folks did not want to wait and pulled the trigger on another color instead.

So even if they are available now, more of a chance there are still less owners.

9. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

gold is the new color as if it was white when it was introduced, everybody wanted them. IF apple releases a new color for this year, you damn right i will be buying that color HAHA.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

A quick check on craigslist or eBay would tell you what the different colors are currently selling for. I think you'll find they're all very close in price.

11. AppleRobert macrumors 603

While I figured as much, I still think there are less gold owners out there.

I was going to check swappa for the heck of it and might sell if the price was right.

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

The black models usually have slightly lower resale value than the white iPhones. This time with the gold in the mix it looks like they resell for slightly more than the silver/white model which also sells for a little more than the space gray model.

Not a huge difference in value but something to note. Not enough to warrant choosing a certain color just for the difference in resale value.