5s didnt boot up after ios 8 update

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by fraubee, Nov 4, 2014.

1. fraubee macrumors newbie

My 5s failed to start up after an ios 8 update. It blanked out with a grainy blue page and then would lock up at the apple logo screen.
    I took it to the Apple service centre in Dubai but they refused to take it in saying I need to take it back to the store I bought it from, according to UAE warranty. But the Apple technician confirmed it looks like a hardware failure and that I need to get a replacement (the phone is hardly 10 months old).

I took it to the electronics store and they said, they would send it to the Apple Service Centre. I told them I already did take it there and the technician said it looks like it wont be fixed. They said, they would get it sorted out for me.

This morning, I called up the store and they said the phone is fixed and I can pick it up tomorrow. My question here is, is there any way I can check if they sent the phone to an authorised service centre?
    There are lots of third party service centres who claim to repair mobile phones. I hope my phone didnt end up there. Any way I can check? My warranty expires on December 30, I dont want to end up with a non-working phone again.

2. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I doubt they sent it there. This happened to mine back in September and it simply had to be forced into recovery mode and restored from a PC.

3. fraubee thread starter macrumors newbie