5S Fingerprint sensor replacement luck? Apple store

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
What people's experience on getting their 5S replaced with a fingerprint sensor that is losing it's consistency even on 7.1. Do they replace the phone and have you pay the fee or do they just fix the part?

Have AC+

Thanks

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
If you can demonstrate it doesn't works, they are going to give you another phone (refurbished)

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
They run there test, open it up and check the cable then they replace the whole phone.

EDH667

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
What people's experience on getting their 5S replaced with a fingerprint sensor that is losing it's consistency even on 7.1. Do they replace the phone and have you pay the fee or do they just fix the part?

Have AC+

Thanks
I had the same fading issue with my iPhone 5S after 7.1. I brought it into the Apple store, the Genius ran his diagnostics and within a couple of minute replaced my iPhone. Seems to work better but I still have problems with my right thumb fading in a day or two, while my left index is always consistent. Must be a problem with my thumb, although I don't understand why it would work great for a few days and then not work at all.