Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

califlorida

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Seems that there's some sort of graphical anomaly/tearing/glitch that occurs when switching Safari windows or going from Safari to other screens. The glitch manifests itself as tearing/pixel-flashing on both sides of the black menu bar at the top of the screen.

At first I thought this was the Parallax effect playing tricks. Then I realized it continued whether Parallax/Motion effects were on or off. I then hoped it would be fixed with the new update, but it is still happening non-stop.

Do you have this same issue on your 5s???

TEST:

1. Open a window in Safari
2. Press bottom right corner like you were going to open a new Safari page.
3. Continuously press right corner so that safari window falls back into the background, then bring it forward again.
4. While doing this look at sides of top menu bar and you'll see glitchy artifacts.

You can also see this glitch while having 2 Safari windows open and switching between them or by switching from Safari to the home screen.

I'm submitting a ticket to Apple now - should have done it a month ago. It happened on all 3 5s's I've had, I was going to take a video to demonstrate but I think it's easy enough for anybody to test.

Sekelani

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
Good observation. I had the same problem when I tested this. Report this big to apple.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Are you talking about the sides of the top menu bar shifting to different colors while you press the bottom right key?

This happens on my 4s too. However, the colors are similar to what my background is (bluish), so it seems that this glitch is just the window being caught in a transition as it goes from tab view to the browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.