5S grey and scuffs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fenjen, Mar 3, 2014.

1. fenjen macrumors 6502

fenjen

Hi guys,

I've been wondering how bad the 5S Grey scuffs compared to the black 5. Basically everyone I know who has a black i5 has scuffs on it which are really noticeable due to them being silver.

So does it scuff as bad and are the scuffs as visible as on the i5?

2. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

I'd say they are less visible on the 5s. The bezel on the 5 was black and the silver showed through. The bezel on the 5s is silver already so it doesn't show scuffs as much.

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

As far as i know the 5s is less susceptible to scratches

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

They are just less visible, like in the silver model.

5. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

just out of experience, the black 5 was really bad i had scratches all over the sides from a bumper. i have the apple leather case on the space grey 5s and there isn't one scratch on the sides or back.

6. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Same here, grey 5s from launch and still no scratches or scuffs.

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the 5s silver grey and I have one scratch on the side. idk if it was there when I bought it? But I noticed it after a week of using it. It's not very noticeable Other than that no other scratches. I'm switching between several cases though but the back side is scratch free.

8. jkauff macrumors member

I used a rubber sleeve on my 5, not a scratch on it when I sold it. Fits my 5S too, of course. Very unobtrusive and keeps the phone from falling out of my shirt pocket when I bend down to pick something up. Got it from Verizon when I bought my 5.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

As someone who owned the slate 5 and now the space grey 5s, I can easily say it is a night a day difference. The 5 was near impossible to keep nick free (on the chamfered edges) no matter how well you took care of the phone. My 5s still looks brand new and I use it without a case.

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I've had my space gray 5s for about a month and a half now, and there are no scratches at all on it. I only have a SPIGEN Ultra Thin Air case protecting it. But I also baby my phones.

11. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

I had the 5 in black and it scuffed ridiculously easy, but now I have the 5S in grey and don't have a single one that I can see despite never using a case and having it since October. It's is a dramatic improvement

12. gibsor macrumors newbie

I aslo have grey and it's much better than black. Now i can sleep well. ;)