5S Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by *~Kim~*, Oct 31, 2013.

1. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Picked up an iPhone 5S in store today and I've just noticed the attached stats on it. The 12:16 part is likely when I was in personal setup, as my receipt has 12:09 on it. I just wanted to ask if anyone could explain the Lifetime Calls being so high when I only got the phone today? The 6 minutes are calls that I made before I got the phone home, so no issue with that. Does the Lifetime Calls stat transfer from the iCloud backup from an old phone, or might I have received a phone that someone else has returned?

Also, could anyone tell me how to start an iCloud backup again? The previous one was interrupted when I had to leave the Apple Store, and the phone is saying that I can't update to iOS 7.0.3 until the phone has finished restoring from iCloud.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

No way you picked up someone else's returned phone. That'd be wrong (and even illegal, I think). Seems likely that it's your backup.

3. *~Kim~* thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I just wondered, as I don't think I've seen refurb iPhones on the Apple Store. I wonder what happens to the ones that are returned.

4. *~Kim~* thread starter macrumors 6502

So my phone is saying it is being restored from a backup but nothing seems to be happening. Apps seem to be all that remains and look like this. Should I stop the backup and do the rest manually or is there another option that I need to select? I don't need to plug it in do I? It wasn't plugged in when the backup started.

Thanks

Attached Files:

5. Markrose macrumors newbie

7 days 11 minutes TALK TIME???? Surely this can't be right; I have a 5s, restored from a 4s, and my lifetime calls was the same as my current period.

6. *~Kim~* thread starter macrumors 6502

I've just checked and my old 4 does say 7 days 11 hours talk time. Strange how that should transfer from the backup though, and indeed hasn't done in your case.

7. Markrose macrumors newbie

Hmm, I wouldn't worry about it too much, it doesn't bother me. And how long did you have your iPhone? That's a very long time to be talking.

8. *~Kim~* thread starter macrumors 6502

Got my 4 on 31st December 2010, so I was two months short of having had it for 3 years when I upgraded to 5s.