5S Home screen animation stuters for sec

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sanke1, Feb 6, 2015.

1. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

I and another family member have 5S. When we unlock our phones using touch ID, the animation which brings up home screen stutters for a sec in the beginning. But sometimes it goes smoothly.

Has anyone seen this behaviour? It happens on both our phones.

I tried everything from DFU restore and setting up as new. But only that animation stutters.

2. Imory macrumors 6502a

It's most likely iOS 8. My iPhone 6 will lag/stutter by tapping auto-scroll in recents within the phone app. A top of the line device with state of the art hardware shouldn't lag when auto-scrolling (it never did on previous iOS's) 20-30 logs/items.

It's just the terrible coding/optimisation of iOS 8.

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I've noticed that this has happened to me on my 5s on numerous occassions. I really don't think much of it though. It's also happened once or twice on my 6 as well. As the poster above me said, it's probably iOS 8.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If it happens on both phones it must be a software glitch. Not to be really worried about.

5. Imory macrumors 6502a

Since you're both on this thread. Do any of you experience the issue I brought up regarding auto-scrolling? For instance in settings, app store (auto-scroll at least from 100-150 in top charts and up) or recents in the phone app (if you've got a lot of recents contacts).

I never experienced any lag or stuttering on the 5S on iOS 7, or the 5 for that matter on iOS 7. Remember, auto-scrolling by tapping the upper part of the screen and letting the phone scroll up, not regular scrolling with your finger.

6. Yiow macrumors newbie

Hey my iphone 5s (ios 8.1.3 atm) is lagging sometimes at the homescreen is and sometimes at multitAsking, is it just a ios 8 bug? Im experiencing this problem since 1 month thx for help

7. sanke1 thread starter macrumors 65816

sanke1

I found a work around.

I removed all my fingerprints from Touch ID and also removed pass code lock.

1. Added 4 digit pass code lock first.
    2. Used the phone for few hrs. Rebooted the phone
    3. Then registered fingerprints.

Now there is no stutter during home screen animation upon unlocking the phone using the Touch ID.

This happens if I add passcode and register finger prints at the initial setup wizard.
    Clearly iOS 8 bug.

8. Yiow macrumors newbie

Well, i have still homescreen lags sometime when i wipe. (Iphone 5s ios 8..13 :(

9. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Putting iOS 8 on the iPhone 5S was not too smart. My 5S runs perfectly fine with 7.1.2. I have NO stuttering anywhere.

10. Yiow macrumors newbie

I setted my iphone 5s with itunes back and reinstalled ios 8.1.3 now mine also runs perfectld :) was just ios 8 problems.

11. sanke1 thread starter macrumors 65816

sanke1

Unfortunately, this problem still exists after upgrade to 9.2 B1