5S infinite boot loop with blue screen, won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MorganJones, Jul 19, 2015.

1. MorganJones macrumors member

As the title suggests, my iPhone 5S 64GB will show the apple logo for a few minutes, then flash a blue screen before starting over again. I was sure i would be able to fix it by restoring it. So after downloading iOS 8.4 i started the process of restoring.

Everything seems to go well, "extracting software", "preparing iPhone for restore", apple logo with the progress bar appears on my iPhone (progress bar doesn't move yet though) , "waiting for iPhone", "Verifying update with Apple" and then "waiting for iPhone" again.

After about a minute on the "waiting for iPhone" stage, the screen of my phone flashes blue again and a message pops up on my mac saying that the "phone could to be restored due to an unknown reason".

Any tips? it's a phone i got as a replacement from my insurance (think its been refurbished by a 3rd party) so apple may not help me. It does have a warranty from the insurance when they replace the phone however I'm about to go travelling around central America for a month so don't really have the time.

2. Rusty33 macrumors 6502

Rusty33

Have you tried restoring via iTunes? Or via the phone itself?

3. MorganJones thread starter macrumors member

via iTunes, the phone won't go past the apple logo unfortuntely