iPhone 5s iOS 9.3.0 stuck on Apple logo

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Dekema2, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Out of nowhere this morning, 5s heats up, starts getting sluggish and unresponsive. I power it down for a restart. What would normally be a 30 second restart has turned into a 3 hour ordeal. The 5s has been on the Apple logo ever since, and since I don't have physical access to my MBP I am trying to update it to 9.3.1 via a computer lab Mac (which gave error code 2006...)

I do NOT want to restore the phone. I have over 7 GB worth of pictures that I do not want to lose. What options do I have?

And it's not even jailbroken!!!

2. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Update: after attempting to update, it's still stuck. Bracing for the worst and hoping for the best. Any ideas?

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Dfu restore to 9.3.1

4. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

assuming u backup ur device at a common sense frequency level, u wont lose ur pictures..& if u use icloud photo library, well theyre in the cloud so theryre still there.

5. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

W.r.t pictures, I intentionally keep them out of iCloud for privacy purposes. HOWEVER, in light of recent events, I have started to change my mind dramatically. If only I had done it well before this.

Looks like I'm going to have to do a DFU now :(, which isn't a HUGE deal because MOST of my pictures are likely on my laptop because I use iCloud sync, but not iCloud photo library

6. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

w.r.t? if u dont use icloud photo lib then i guess they are all synced from itunes or in the camera roll? both ways a manual itunes backup (or icloud backup) will restore them. i dont use icloud photo lib either not cause of security, but cause cloud services can & do go down, get slow, shutdown etc, & using them consumes upload & my country is just FINALLY somewhat starting to catch up to the world in upload speeds at least on middle of the road internet plans..