5S kept crashing and restarting from Numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by roccobladr, Sep 26, 2013.

1. roccobladr macrumors 6502

So I use Numbers for spreadsheets at the gym to keep track of my lifting progress. Today was the first day at the gym with my 5S. I put on some music (new Avenged Sevenfold album is AWESOME by the way) and open up Numbers. I was able to open up todays workout and all the sudden my screen goes blue for a second and then black. Totally shut off my iphone. It restarts fine and so again, put on some music and try Numbers and same thing! Kept crashing. Tried it without music and same issue.

I ended up just deleting Numbers and will try reinstalling it, but just wondering if anyone is having any issues like this?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Can you open Numbers without that spreadsheet to just a new, blank spreadsheet? I am wondering if it is something about that particular spreadsheet causing the crash.

I am able to use Numbers fine on my 5S.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

It's an iCloud bug on the 5S. If you have a document in Numbers or Pages stored in iCloud, and you don't close the document and let it upload to iCloud before closing the app, it will crash the phone when you close the app. It's driving me crazy. Hope this is addressed ASAP. Not sure if it would require an iOS update or just app updates.