5s.. Might be time to move on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SCMedic, Oct 26, 2013.

1. SCMedic macrumors regular

I'd like to preface this with the fact that I've owned every iPhone since the original. I love iOS for the most part and the polish of the apps in this ecosystem is pretty hard to beat.

Here's the problem.

My 5s freezes for 2-3 seconds when I unlock it. Stock iOS apps crash for no reason. 3rd part apps open and freeze for a few seconds before I can use them. I've done the hard reset. The clean restore. Nothing seems to fix this issue. iOS, and my iPhone, for the first time feels buggy and the luster of Apple's product feels tarnished to me. Anyone else having these issues? Anyone have any fixes?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like you may have a defective phone, the symptoms you document are not normal and are indicative of a phone with problems. Go visit an apple store and see what they say.

3. kenknotts macrumors 6502

Nope.

4. SCMedic thread starter macrumors regular

That was my next step, actually.

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

6. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

No issues whatsoever on my 5S. Its the best iPhone experience I've had and I have no desire at this point to try any other phone.

7. StevesJob macrumors newbie

you've got a defective device... get it replaced.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

9. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

The big problem I've had was the phone restarting while switching apps. Since I updated to 7.0.3 it hasn't happened. Maybe updating will help some of the problems you're having.

10. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

If this is a problem that can be duplicated in front of an Apple store Genius, definitely take it in. Apple is really good about swapping out bad units. What you have sounds like a potential hardware issue.

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Nope, and restore as NEW, DON'T use a backup.

12. dtsoll macrumors newbie

Yes, this!

----------

Or this first

13. SuperKirby macrumors member

No issues at all. I've also owned all 7 generations of iPhones. This one doesn't have any problems. yet...

14. DanTSX macrumors regular

15. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I would try a restore and setup the phone as new as most have suggested. Then check those same apps that are crashing and see if they are giving you the same problems. If they aren't, its a software conflict somewhere so just load up your phone from this fresh state and it should be ok.

In not, the phone is probably defective and bring it to the Apple Store. Don't wipe it before you bring it to them that way they can see the crash logs and not give you a hard time about replacing.

16. SCMedic thread starter macrumors regular

I'll be taking it in this week.

I've done the fresh 7.0.3 install and set up as new twice now. No dice. Stock apps are crashing as well as 3rd party.

Thanks guys.

17. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

5s.. Might be time to move on

I agree with everyone. Your phone seemed like a defect product. I'd rather go to the apple store and get it fixed than change the phone itself.
    Get a brand new phone.

18. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

plus you get a better battery :cool:

19. m1key macrumors member

Hey buddy I don't have any of the issues you speak of. Quite the opposite, very speedy and great battery life -- reminds me to be as good as the iPhone 4 back in the day (if you could remember that). Go to the apple store and get it swapped, good luck I hope everything works out.

20. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Why do so many people get on here with a problem with their device and go all "I'M GONNA JUMP!" before taking it to support? My mom got all frustrated with her iPhone 5 and thought it was all the bad things she had heard on the news about them. When she finally actually told me what was happening, I took it to the Apple Store. Walked out of there maybe 15 minutes later with a new phone. Haven't had a problem since.

When your infant gets sick, you go to the doctor. You don't drown the baby and make a new one. (Analogy slightly over the top, but you get my drift.)

21. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Next time he's gonna tell the airline, late 5 minutes! That's bull, I am going to take the bus!

22. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I've had these same problems since the 7.0.3 update.